Windows 10: My laptop with Windows 10 has drastically slowed down

Discus and support My laptop with Windows 10 has drastically slowed down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason my disk and space usage always comes up high and it is slow to the point that even youtube videos lag. I originally bought the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RameeshaN, Jul 8, 2018.

1. RameeshaN Win User

My laptop with Windows 10 has drastically slowed down

For some reason my disk and space usage always comes up high and it is slow to the point that even youtube videos lag.

I originally bought the laptop with Windows 8 Pro built in and since the Windows 10 upgrade it is unable to activate itself and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with the speed. My laptop with Windows 10 has drastically slowed down 78524316-0560-48c6-9ccc-2048527dac49?upload=true.png

:)

RameeshaN, Jul 8, 2018

2. automatic updates in windows 10 drastically slowed down the computer

Hi Holley,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    Let us try the following steps to disable the Windows update.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type Services.msc and press Enter.

• Search for Windows Update service from the list.

• Right Click on Windows Update from the list and select properties.

• In Properties Window Select Startup type as Disabled and Stop the Service.
    Windows 10 will not be automatically installing or downloading updates.

You may follow the same procedure and start the windows update service if you wish to update windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop with Windows 10 has drastically slowed down - Similar Threads - laptop has drastically

2. why is my monitor drastically slowing down my internet?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is my monitor drastically slowing down my internet?: have a desktop with only one monitor and my connection is trough a powerline, everything has worked fine for about two years and yesterday my internet began do slow down a lot when i had my monitor on, its not because my current is overloaded because i tried it with...
  3. my fps was goes down drastically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my fps was goes down drastically.: my laptop is asus vivobook pro15 and yesterday when i go out somewhere,im try to open my games just a moment and the fps it goes downusually the fps is high when charging,and today when i paly my games,the fps goes down to 15-20 fps even though it was in charging mode,any...
  4. my fps was goes down drastically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my fps was goes down drastically.: my laptop is asus vivobook pro15 and yesterday when i go out somewhere,im try to open my games just a moment and the fps it goes downusually the fps is high when charging,and today when i paly my games,the fps goes down to 15-20 fps even though it was in charging mode,any...
  5. Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game: I have a decent laptop 16 gb ram, 1660 ti gpu that i've been using for almost 2 years.I got windows 11 installed a couple months ago and ever since then im having some issues. My laptop slowed down drastically, to the point that its not even usable and it happened right after...
  6. Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows slowed down drastically right after playing a game: I have a decent laptop 16 gb ram, 1660 ti gpu that i've been using for almost 2 years.I got windows 11 installed a couple months ago and ever since then im having some issues. My laptop slowed down drastically, to the point that its not even usable and it happened right after...
  7. My laptop is slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop is slowing down: My Laptop is slowing down after some time of usage. It usually slows down after I close the lid and open it back. My CPU is Ryzen 7 3700x and RAM is 16 gb so I don't think there's any problem with the specs. The laptop is brand new. When my laptop slows down it acts like when...
  8. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer: Greetings! I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10. About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing real work on it. After some poking around I realized that System and System Interrupts are taking up about 30% CPU cycles, with...
  9. System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System and System Interrupts drastically slowing down my computer: Greetings! I have a Surface Pro 3, Windows 10. About 2 weeks ago I've noticed my Surface slowing down to a point where I had trouble performing real work on it. After some poking around I realized that System and System Interrupts are taking up about 30% CPU cycles, with...
  10. 1 HDD corrupts Windows 10 while another slows down drastically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 HDD corrupts Windows 10 while another slows down drastically: So, in my desktop setup, I have 2 hard drives, one is a 2nd hand 1TB HDD which was, according to the previous owner, "barely used and left sitting around for awhile". I've had windows 10 installed and running well on it for roughly 3-5 weeks. I installed a clean install of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc has slowed down drastically

2. windows 10 has slowed down

3. why has windows slowed my laptop down

4. my laptop has slowed down,
  5. my youtube slowed right down on my windeows 10 laptop,
  6. my laptop has drastically slowed down performance. whats wrong?,
  7. windows 10 suddenlty slowed down,
  8. computer slowed down drastically