Windows 10: My laptop won't accept some external monitors

Discus and support My laptop won't accept some external monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear all, I have the following tricky problem. I have an Asus laptop with windows 10. Recently I bought a new 27" Dell Monitor and plugged it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yourmust, Nov 21, 2018.

1. yourmust Win User

My laptop won't accept some external monitors

Dear all,

I have the following tricky problem. I have an Asus laptop with windows 10. Recently I bought a new 27" Dell Monitor and plugged it with HDMI cable to my laptop. My new Dell was not recognized and I got no signal on screen. I tried with a widescreen Asus monitor (I guess it is 24"), same outcome. I tried display settings --> Detect. It did not detect the monitor in both cases. I checked the display adapter, it is up to date. I tried to install the Dell monitor's adapter, the software did not detect the Dell monitor and did not install anything.

Interestingly, with an old 20" Asus monitor the laptop is working perfectly well. I used, two different HDMI cables, same outcome. The Dell and large Asus Monitors work perfectly well on other computers. So, I think it is a software issue.

Thanks a lot for your help

:)

yourmust, Nov 21, 2018

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Chrise Win User
    Laptop External Monitor Problem

Thank you once again, I will explain:

• Today 10th November 2016 - After monitor eventually successfully connects to my HP laptop, in my absence when the laptop/monitor powers off, I get NO re-connection problems during the day
    • Tomorrow 11th November 2016 - After laptop and monitor has been restarted following, shut-down, power offs(laptop + monitor) I will be stuck once again with exactly the same problem

In my display settings each morning, my HP laptop shows it is connected to my external monitor, however there is no display on the external monitor for a vast amount of time, just randomly suddenly appears.?

Chrise, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. My laptop won't accept some external monitors - Similar Threads - laptop won't accept

2. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  3. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  4. Laptop won't accept password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Laptop won't accept my password

Laptop won't accept my password: What can i do. If i open my laptop and i type in my password it says password incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-my-password/3a25af04-6c56-4fe0-bc9d-afe86a6ae62a
  6. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password: Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN and the Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Or You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  7. External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP): Hi, Firstly, this is my first post so apologies if this has been asked/addressed before (I have searched but to no avail)... Some specs: Dell Precision 7520 Laptop Windows 10 Pro Intel Core i7-7820HQ (4 Core), 2.9 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Turbo) 32 GB (2x 16 GB), DDR 4, 2400 MHz Ram...
  8. External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP)

in Windows 10 Support
    External monitor won't display native resolution (LAPTOP): Hi, Firstly, this is my first post so apologies if this has been asked/addressed before (I have searched but to no avail)... The problem: I recently bought an external monitor (ACER KG271G Full HD 27" IPS LED Monitor). When connected to my laptop, the only display resolution...
  9. External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External monitor is limited by laptop monitor?: I use an external monitor for my laptop, and the display is much bigger, but the resolution is limited by the laptop. All of the icons, the taskbar, and the mouse cursor are too big for the size of the monitor, it is as if I'm just using the laptop monitor. I have an NVIDIA...
  10. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: Can't log into laptop due to password not reconised say i need usb key to put reset code in but still wont accecpt password thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-accept-password/0a9b3ec6-854e-4a20-9bde-ce113591cbb4