Windows 10: My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f

Discus and support My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Rog Strix GL703GS laptop with an SSD an HDD. I attempted to do a clean install of windows 10 on the SSD to improve speed. There were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jamesdonaldson4, Sep 3, 2020.

1. My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f

I have an ASUS Rog Strix GL703GS laptop with an SSD an HDD. I attempted to do a clean install of windows 10 on the SSD to improve speed. There were partitions remaining on the HDD causing boot problems, I think Windows was detecting some of the old install on the HDD which would cause it to bluescreen occasionally. I attempted to completely format the HDD using easy partition tool but am now unable to boot from USB to the installation media or into the windows recovery environment. I can get into UEFI or a black screen with error code 0xc000000f 'Windows failed to start'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

:)

jamesdonaldson4, Sep 3, 2020
  2. RCoon Win User

[Confusion] Hard drive won't boot. Caused by video card?

Did you install Windows with all your other hard drives plugged in? If you did, removing them when you boot Windows will fail, because Windows dumps boot flags on every drive when its first installed. That's why people always recommend disconnecting every single hard drive besides your C:\ drive when doing a fresh install.

As for your initial problem, the GPU being reinstalled and suddenly Windows won't boot - tried safe mode? (Spam F9 when your computer is loading)

RCoon, Sep 3, 2020
  3. tpriest Win User
    Cannot boot HP laptop Error Code 0xc000000f

OK. Now run HD Tune:
    SMART params

My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f [​IMG]

Should the partition table be empty?

Error Scan results

My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f [​IMG]

So 6 damaged areas, 0.2% damaged. Clearly zero would be best, thoughts on trying to continue with existing HDD?
    Minitool Partition Wizard report:

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

Many thanks.

tpriest, Sep 3, 2020
  4. I.Torres Win User

My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f

Windows 10 boot error 0xc000000f

Hello, thanks to contact the Microsoft Community. My name is Israel Torres, I am

an Independent Advisor.

The boot error 0xC000000f in Windows 10 occurs when Windows attempts to read the Boot Configuration Data

In order to fix the boot error 0xC000000F in Windows 10, you can also use the built-in bootrec.exe tool. Please note that a bootable Windows Installation DVD or USB is required. The goal is to rebuild the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) that controls how Windows
    10 is started.

Step 1. Reboot your computer.

Step 2. Insert the bootable DVD or USB installation disk.

Step 3. Reboot your computer again and press “R.”

Step 4. Click “Troubleshoot.”

Step 5. Click “Command Prompt.”

Step 6. Type “bootrec /fixmbr” and press Enter.

Step 7. Type “bootrec /fixboot” and press Enter.

Step 8. Type “bootrec /rebuildbcd” and press Enter.

I.Torres, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f

1. My laptop won't boot from USB or hard drives 'Windows failed to start' error 0xc000000f - Similar Threads - laptop won't boot

2. Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f: Hello to all,I recently started working on an autounattend.xml file, which was supposed to do a few different things. It worked fine until my most recent change in which i tried to make it so that it installs some Applications like Google Chrome by default. However, when i...
  3. Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Error with USB - 0xc000000f: Hello to all,I recently started working on an autounattend.xml file, which was supposed to do a few different things. It worked fine until my most recent change in which i tried to make it so that it installs some Applications like Google Chrome by default. However, when i...
  4. Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't boot from hard drive, nor from pendrive: on a random day, when a booted up my pc, it worked fine, until sometime later it started to hang. i eventually, went to turn off the pc. as soon as i chose to shut down, a BSoD appeared, by the time i could take note of the error, it restarted. after that restart, it booted...
  5. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f: Hello all,I have a boot issue on my laptop.When trying to boot from a USB, which I have created on the MS site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, then I receive the following error message"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change...
  6. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f: Hello all,I have a boot issue on my laptop.When trying to boot from a USB, which I have created on the MS site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10, then I receive the following error message"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change...
  7. Boot error when booting from USB - 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Boot from usb hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot from usb hard drive?: I have an external hard drive that I use for backups. Is it possible to install Windows to the drive and then use it as an alternative boot drive? 133574
  9. Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start: Greetings! Bit of a long story here, I will try and keep it simple. I recently upgraded the following components on my computer. motherboard MSI 870a-g54 --> ASRock Z370 Killer SLI/ac RAM: Corsair XMS 4gb + G.Skilll Ripjaw 8gb --> 16 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX CPU: AMD...
  10. Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f: When I boot into win 10 I get a black screen that says: Windows Failed to start Status: 0xc000000f When I boot to a Win 10 Install disk I select: English, next Repair your computer Troubleshoot Advanced options Startup Repair It says it's Diagnosing problems...
Tags: