Windows 10: my laptop wont boot up after recent updates. What options do i have

Discus and support my laptop wont boot up after recent updates. What options do i have in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing automatic updates on my other laptop, my laptop refuses to reboot. I have had to force shutdown and have tried restarting multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinPotter2, Apr 16, 2021.

1. my laptop wont boot up after recent updates. What options do i have

After installing automatic updates on my other laptop, my laptop refuses to reboot. I have had to force shutdown and have tried restarting multiple times without success. No devices are plugged in other than the wireless mouse Any ideas?

:)

KevinPotter2, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Apr 16, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Apr 16, 2021
  4. my laptop wont boot up after recent updates. What options do i have

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

my laptop wont boot up after recent updates. What options do i have

1. my laptop wont boot up after recent updates. What options do i have - Similar Threads - laptop wont boot

2. wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore: put win 10 update innow desktop is in a loopto do a reset a system restore or to remove the update it says password neededi checked password but it keeps saying incorrect so i cant remedy it without it i reset microsoft password it didnt work just said password added to...
  3. wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wont boot up after update win 10 what password is needed to restore: put win 10 update innow desktop is in a loopto do a reset a system restore or to remove the update it says password neededi checked password but it keeps saying incorrect so i cant remedy it without it i reset microsoft password it didnt work just said password added to...
  4. my laptop wont do a update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop wont do a update: i have a predator helios 300 and im trying to do a update and it says checking for update shows the update percent for a second then says error with this code 0x800f020b...
  5. my laptop wont do a update

my laptop wont do a update: i have a predator helios 300 and im trying to do a update and it says checking for update shows the update percent for a second then says error with this code 0x800f020b...
  6. my laptop wont do a update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My hp laptop wont factory reset, update or boot to the lock screen what do I do.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My hp laptop wont factory reset, update or boot to the lock screen what do I do.: I've tried every thing from safe mode to factory reset but nothing works it's not connected to wifi etheir and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-wont-factory-reset-update-or-boot-to/3cc46c22-80c7-4f09-8758-63de9238ef35
  8. My hp laptop wont factory reset, update or boot to the lock screen what do I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptop wont factory reset, update or boot to the lock screen what do I do.: I've tried every thing from safe mode to factory reset but nothing works it's not connected to wifi etheir and I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-laptop-wont-factory-reset-update-or-boot-to/3cc46c22-80c7-4f09-8758-63de9238ef35
  9. My hp laptop wont factory reset, update or boot to the lock screen what do I do.

10. My laptop wont boot up properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop wont boot up properly: Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it froze and i tried to turn it off then on again but it wouldn't work. I tried to repeat the process in order to try and launch...