Windows 10: My laptop wont boot up properly

Discus and support My laptop wont boot up properly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BraxterVZL, Feb 10, 2019.

1. My laptop wont boot up properly

Ever since a recent update that required me to restart my laptop/ideapad, i could not use my device properly, initially it had turned on but then it froze and i tried to turn it off then on again but it wouldn't work. I tried to repeat the process in order to try and launch the automatic recovery option but instead it tried to fix itself and i'd end up with a black screen in which i could move my cursor. How can i fix this?

:)

BraxterVZL, Feb 10, 2019

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 10, 2019
  4. KBD
    KBD Win User

My laptop wont boot up properly

Comp wont boot..

i would guess video card. I dont know how a PC with a bad CPU would behave but i assume it wont boot at all. My advice would be this, disconnect everything from the board but the PSU, 1 stick of RAM, GPU and try to run it. If it still wont boot up try putting GPU in another slot or try another stick of RAM. If that wont help use known good components (RAM, GPU, PSU) and see if it will boot. Also make sure heartsink is seated properly as the person above said.

Thema:

My laptop wont boot up properly

1. My laptop wont boot up properly - Similar Threads - laptop wont boot

2. Help my laptop wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help my laptop wont boot: I have a problem where my laptop is not booting at all. I have my cursor and it stuck in welcome screen and does nothing. I need this laptop in hurry since I have a lot of homework to do. I need to finish them all. I dont want to reset or something that will clean it. I just...
  3. Computer wont boot properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer wont boot properly: I came home from work today and turned on my computer and it got the infinite loading screen problem. I can not get into safe mode, if i shut it off to restart it 3 times it goes into a mode of tuening on and off 3 times very shortly then goes into automatic recovery where...
  4. Laptop not Booting Up Properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not Booting Up Properly: Hi all, So last night i had to manually shut off my Dell G5 15 laptop because the game I was playing Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order wouldn't close out, even after I closed out of Steam. When I turned my laptop on this morning, Windows went through update and after it did the...
  5. Windows 10 wont boot properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello, i finished building a friend's pc and after installing an SSD with windows 10, it goes into BSOD with an error SYSTEM THREAD EXEPTION NOT HANDLED. I tried connecting USB with windows 10 setup(set up with RUFUS), but it does the same. I installed my m.2 ssd, which in...
  6. Windows 10 wont boot properly

Windows 10 wont boot properly: i recently got this PC and downloaded windows 10 pro to it with the key it came with. it has been working up until today when i turned it on it said "Your PC did not start correctly" it gave me options of weather i wanted to restart or go to Advanced Options. i went through...
  7. My windows 10 wont load up properly

My windows 10 wont load up properly: I've no idea what happened but my windows 10 seems to have stopped wanting to work properly. Its been fine upto now. Each time I boot it up the same thing happens it takes a lot longer for the sign in page to appear then when it does I am able to put in my sign in info fine...
  8. Laptop won't boot up properly

Laptop won't boot up properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dave_dinkum598 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fofjz2/laptop_wont_boot_up_properly/
  9. HP Laptop doesn't boot properly How to Fix. Boot up properly.

HP Laptop doesn't boot properly How to Fix. Boot up properly.: I made a backup disc's of my HP Laptop, and it doesn't boot up properly, would using the [ Back Up Disc]? Please someone get back to me please....
  10. Windows 10 wont boot properly

Windows 10 wont boot properly: Hello! So i got laptop and PC. I took HDD out of my laptop with windows 10 installation. Put it in the pc, it doesnt work. It tries repairing, doesnt work. Any of the windows 10 failed boot selections doesnt work, except CMD. Put it back in my laptop, works like nothing has...