Windows 10: My laptop wont come out of hibernation

Discus and support My laptop wont come out of hibernation in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 pro 1809 on a lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6. A recent occurrence, I have noticed that the system fails to resume from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by saurabhdutta, Nov 5, 2018.

1. My laptop wont come out of hibernation

I am running windows 10 pro 1809 on a lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon gen 6. A recent occurrence, I have noticed that the system fails to resume from hibernate state. I have tried a hibernate disable-enable cycle and it doesnt help. When I try to resume from hibernate, the laptop is stuck on the lenovo splash screen. Upon pressing the power button it goes away and pressing it again gives me a regular startup.

:)

saurabhdutta, Nov 5, 2018

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Nov 6, 2018
  4. My laptop wont come out of hibernation

Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

My laptop wont come out of hibernation

1. My laptop wont come out of hibernation - Similar Threads - laptop wont hibernation

2. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  3. PC does not come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC does not come out of hibernation: Hi everyone,I bought a new computer a few months ago and everything has been going well, but there's one peculiar issue:Windows automatically enters a sort of hibernation or sleep mode after about 5 minutes or after locking. When I return and try to wake it up, it doesn't...
  4. the stylus pen wont come out of the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the stylus pen wont come out of the computer: m m m m m m m m https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-stylus-pen-wont-come-out-of-the-computer/ba5e8f17-18a2-4449-9ab7-41d4c39f9ef7
  5. Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound AFTER coming out of Hibernate Mode: I have an HP Envy Phoenix Desktop 860-180st-CTO running Windows 10 Pro that is giving me fits with the sound. When I start the PC from shut down mode, the sound works fine. I can go to my itunes and play music or whatever requires sound and it works fine. If I click for the...
  6. intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate: There are times when bringing laptop out of suspend or hibernate the display has what looks like 16 bit video. I have to log out or restart the laptop to get it back to proper display. This occurs randomly, time in suspend or hibernate does not seem to be an issue. This is...
  7. Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wont come out from sleep mode in windows 10: Hi there, this problem started to have recently and i did not update anything expect the graphic cards. So when i put my laptop on sleep mode from directly clicking on power button or going start - sleep. when i try to wake it up by moving my mouse or mousepad or keyboard...
  8. Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't come out of hibernation: I'm trying to get an HP Envy x360 with Windows 10 to boot up. (Not my machine and don't have a lot of details about it.) Here's the history: 1. Initially got stuck on the "Please Wait ..." screen. After a long time, it would go to the log-in screen. When I tried to log...
  9. Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Shares disconnected when coming out of hibernation: After coming out of hibernation, all of my network share mappings are disconnected and I have to double-click on each of them to reconnect. This just started happening today. Has anyone else experienced this? 50635
  10. Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting down coming out of Hibernation???: Hi All I have a weird problem that started about 3 months ago before that all was well, if I put my Windows 10 laptop into Hibernation when I try to bring it out it shuts down, it does start to try to open but it gets to the point where the black background with the blue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo thinkpad hibernation issue and cant come out of hibernation