Windows 10: My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi

Discus and support My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with Windows 10. This morning, the WiFi stopped working in the house for a few minutes, but then eventually came back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cynicayke, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Cynicayke Win User

My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 320 with Windows 10. This morning, the WiFi stopped working in the house for a few minutes, but then eventually came back online. But since it came back online, my laptop won't connect to the WiFi. All the other devices in the house (a Samsung Galaxy, a HTC Desire, PS4, and a Compaq laptop) connect to the WiFi fine; it's just my Lenovo that won't connect.

When I try to connect, the WiFi symbol blinks, and then the wireless adapter seems to crash, because it displays the LAN symbol with the red X for a moment, before reenabling without connecting to the WiFi. The laptop connects fine to my phone's mobile hotspot, it also connects fine to my home WiFi when I use an ethernet cable. It's just when I try to connect wireless to the home WiFi that it doesn't work.

I have tried everything short of reinstalling Windows 10:

- Reset the modem multiple times

- Restarted the laptop multiple times

- Disabled then re-enabled the wireless connection on my laptop

- Forgotten the network, then tried to reconnect

- Uninstalled and re-installed the wireless adapter

- Updated the wireless adapter

- Used the troubleshooter (which just tells me I have no preferred Network)

I've checked the wireless network report, it just says the specific network is not available.

There has to be something I'm missing here, that just my laptop isn't connecting to the WiFI after everything I've tried. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

Cynicayke, Nov 23, 2018

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Nov 23, 2018
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi [​IMG]

4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi [​IMG]

Thema:

1. My laptop won't connect to my home WiFi - Similar Threads - laptop won't connect

2. My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.: So essentially I can briefly connect to the wifi for a few seconds, but I quickly lose connection and it's a pain to get it reconnected. It keeps saying can't connect to this network...
  3. My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't stay connected to the wifi.: So essentially I can briefly connect to the wifi for a few seconds, but I quickly lose connection and it's a pain to get it reconnected. It keeps saying can't connect to this network...
  4. My laptop won't connect to my home network but works with my hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't connect to my home network but works with my hotspot: It will connect to my hotspot on my phone but won't connect to my home router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-my-home-network-but/66e46f06-abbe-4043-8c24-24971a094843
  5. My laptop won't connect to my home network but works with my hotspot

My laptop won't connect to my home network but works with my hotspot: It will connect to my hotspot on my phone but won't connect to my home router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-my-home-network-but/66e46f06-abbe-4043-8c24-24971a094843
  6. My laptop won't connect to my home network but works with my hotspot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to connect to my home WiFi after restarting my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to my home WiFi after restarting my laptop: On my Windows 11 laptop, after i shut it down at night as I normally do, when I started it in the morning I was unable to connect to my home Wifi, even when using the WPS button on the router. I get an error saying my password is wrong, I’ve double checked that it’s correct,...
  8. Unable to connect to my home WiFi after restarting my laptop

Unable to connect to my home WiFi after restarting my laptop: On my Windows 11 laptop, after i shut it down at night as I normally do, when I started it in the morning I was unable to connect to my home Wifi, even when using the WPS button on the router. I get an error saying my password is wrong, I’ve double checked that it’s correct,...
  9. My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop stopped connecting to my home Wifi but my phone still connects with no issue.: One day I came home to the massage on my laptop "connected with no internet." I proceeded to restart my computer which didn't work then I forgot the network and tried to reconnect but it kept telling me "can not connect to this network." I've since disconnected from the wifi...
  10. Why won't my laptop connect to my school wifi?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why won't my laptop connect to my school wifi?: Our school gave us school chromebooks that connect to the Wi-Fi perfectly. They told us it was ok to bring in your personal laptop and so I did. When I tried to connect to the school Wi-Fi, it wouldn't show up. I didn't get how the school chromebooks can connect to the Wi-Fi...