Windows 10: My laptop won't save any of the settings I set

Discus and support My laptop won't save any of the settings I set in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I got this laptop from a pawn shop, every time I boot it back up i have to make Chrome my default browser again even though i did that the day i got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FlauntyPack56, Jan 26, 2020.

1. My laptop won't save any of the settings I set

I got this laptop from a pawn shop, every time I boot it back up i have to make Chrome my default browser again even though i did that the day i got it, all of the shortcuts in the taskbar are set to default, the background is set to default I have to sign into all of my programs and Google again, i have to verify my Microsoft account again,and it takes long to boot up as if it's first time.

What do I do to stop it from resetting to default every time I boot it up?

submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FlauntyPack56, Jan 26, 2020

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Jan 26, 2020
  3. Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jan 26, 2020
  4. tops Win User

My laptop won't save any of the settings I set

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

My laptop won't save any of the settings I set

1. My laptop won't save any of the settings I set - Similar Threads - laptop won't save

2. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  3. Windows Spotlight setting won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight setting won't save: I've just updated to Windows 11 and now Windows Spotlight doesn't work. In Settings > Personalisation > Lock screen > Personalise your lock screen, I select Windows Spotlight, but the minute I leave the page it resets to 'Picture'. If I choose a different picture, that will...
  4. Notifications and Actions settings won't save

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Actions settings won't save: I recently got a new PC desktop and I was trying to turn off specific notifications in Notifications and Actions from my Settings. But whenever I click out of Notifications and Actions, the adjustments I made are reset to where they were before. The only thing that saves is...
  5. Mic settings won't save

Mic settings won't save: My microphone is too loud. I've got a headset and I play video games where I need to use my mic. The problem is, it's always so loud. I've tried Settings > Sound > Input > Device Properties > Additional Device Properties. Then I changed it to 60% instead of 100%. It worked...
  6. Time settings won't save.

Time settings won't save.: I noticed that my time didn't change when daylight savings time occurred, so I went to settings to fix the issue, but when I went to go change it the settings wouldn't save. Every time I hit the sync button, or left and came back, it would turn back off. Eventually, I got fed...
  7. Power and sleep setting won't save.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power and sleep setting won't save.: My power and sleep settings won't stay how I set them. Every time I reboot, they go back to a default of turning off the display after 1 hour and sleeping the PC at 2 hours. I don't need to save battery power on this desktop PC and I want it to stay on....
  8. Volume Mixer won't save settings

Volume Mixer won't save settings: Hi, Looking for some suggestions. The volume mixer won't save settings, at least for system sounds. I'm trying to have it saved lower so it doesn't startle me when I get a new Skype message. Anyway, I keep setting it and it just reverts back as soon as I close the window....
  9. Sound Input won't save settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Input won't save settings: Hello there! I was trying to change my advanced sound-input settings from 1channel 16bit to 2 channel 16bit but it will not save the changes . When I click ''Apply'' it tells me that some service is using the device and that it might stop working if I apply these changes....
  10. Settings won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings won't save: My pc settings won't save for example it ask me everytime i open opera whether i want to make it my default browser, I tick off option to connect to one of my wi-fis but it won't go through i have to tick it off every time i check wi-fis list, I even deleted it from my...