Windows 10: my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10

Discus and support my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my laptop used to be in Chinese so I redownloaded windows 10 to change the language. everything was going smoothly but then when it asked me for setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ElinaYang, Jan 31, 2019.

1. ElinaYang Win User

my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10

my laptop used to be in Chinese so I redownloaded windows 10 to change the language. everything was going smoothly but then when it asked me for setup details it would just keep going back to that page. I think it might be because I didn't put in a product key but now I can't use my laptop to look anything up it will only go on the setup page and I NEED my laptop for school. please help me. is there any way to find out my product key on a different laptop?

:)

ElinaYang, Jan 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jan 31, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

starting my Windows 10 Laptop

Hi,

To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by bob omb on March 25, 2016 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?
    • Does your computer have a Recovery drive so you can reinstall Windows 10 on your laptop?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. my laptop wont start after the setup after downloading windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop wont start

2. laptop wont start after downgrading RAM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont start after downgrading RAM.: hello, i have a medion akoya model E6416, originally 4 GB RAM ddr3, and another laptop asus, originally soldered 4 GB RAM and a 2 GB RAM ddr3 card, and i have switched the RAM card with those 2 laptops, now the problem is that the medion does nothing, only the fan spins very...
  3. laptop wont start after downgrading RAM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop wont start after downgrading RAM.: hello, i have a medion akoya model E6416, originally 4 GB RAM ddr3, and another laptop asus, originally soldered 4 GB RAM and a 2 GB RAM ddr3 card, and i have switched the RAM card with those 2 laptops, now the problem is that the medion does nothing, only the fan spins very...
  4. laptop wont start after downgrading RAM.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer wont boot after restart during windows 10 setup: I was setting up my windows for my computer when i reached the internet section but no internet connections popped up so i put a usb WIFI connector. but windows did not show any of my WIFI roasters so i tried to restart it and now the usb ports don't work and i can't get a...
  6. My laptop wont start after windows update

My laptop wont start after windows update: I updated the Windows upgrade but since this my laptop will not start. It keeps going into automatic repair but doesn't seem to find a solution. What can I do to fix this?...
  7. Windows 10 64bit wont start after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 64bit wont start after update: Hi After I updated my computer ACER nitro 5 through windows update I cant star my computer. After reboot it gives me error "critical proces died". Then the it starts "preparing automatic repair" and then "diagnoscing your PC" and then "automatic reparation - your pc doesnt...
  8. Windows 10 wont continue downloading after restart

Windows 10 wont continue downloading after restart: Hello to who ever reads this! About a week ago i recently have built my new pc that i wanted for a while. I believed i had everything, so i just got the windows 10 media creation tool on my USB and plugged it. Went through the basic start up, clicked on the windows that i...
  9. laptop wont start or boot after windows 10 2017 update

laptop wont start or boot after windows 10 2017 update: in 2017 my laptop kept saying to update windows 10. I pressed this and it was updating. Then it kept showing a blank screen. Wont boot or change off of the black blank screen. I rang microsoft and they said i had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop. Is this correct? or...
  10. W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool

W10 Setup can't start after downloading MediaCreationTool: I have the Get Windows 10 App but I couldn't wait for it as I have limited internet access. I downloaded the 64-bit Media Creation Tool after selecting the option to download for this computer and when I ran it the first time, it started downloading the Windows 10 setup file....