Windows 10: My laptop won't turn off after Hibernate of shut down (Involve Office)

Discus and support My laptop won't turn off after Hibernate of shut down (Involve Office) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, I got problem on turning off or hibernate my laptop. It happen after window 10 update 2019-09 Cumulative Update for window 10 V 1903... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DukDikV., Sep 25, 2019.

1. DukDikV. Win User

My laptop won't turn off after Hibernate of shut down (Involve Office)

Hi there,

I got problem on turning off or hibernate my laptop.

It happen after window 10 update 2019-09 Cumulative Update for window 10 V 1903 (KB4515384)

Thing is if i'm not working on Microsoft office (Office 365), my laptop could turn off and hibernate perfectly fine.

But if i start working with any of Microsoft office, my laptop won't turn off or hibernate.

It's like the operating system is already off but the fan and power won't stop working.

I had to hold the power button until the light goes off.

I already try fixing by

- Recovery previous window version

- Reset this PC (completely format everything; it work for me last time that this problem happen)

- Re install office 365

- I'm also try to follow "Laptop won't shutdown in Windows 10 [ULTIMATE GUIDE]"

Nothing can fix this problem

I would be glad that some could help me with this

Thank you so much in advance

:)

DukDikV., Sep 25, 2019

2. laptop shut down while i first turn the power on after upgrading to win10

hello,

thanks for your help,

i follow the first step and didnt find any problem,

and then i boot my laptop in safe mode with network ,

it can successfully be shut down and turn on ,

then i leave the safe mode and turn off the windows fast startup,

now my laptop can shut down and turn on normally like it used to be,

but the problem still exist when i hibernate my laptop,

when i reboot from hibernate state , it still shut down itself after the windows icon shows up.

waiting for your suggestion, thanks!

Best regards,

Roger Yang

chi hsien yang, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Msap14 Win User
    laptop won't turn on

Dell Latitude D800

few hours ago i turned the laptop off by going to start menu, shut down, on an xp machine. the computer shut down normally but now when i try to turn it back on, nothing happens for a good 30 seconds then the HDD lights and power lights come on for a few seconds then turn off.

it's weird becasue, from what i have seen, the lights usually come on right away then turn right off (in similar situations) but this thing doesn't even try to turn on for a bit. What could be wrong?

things i have tried:
    -removed RAM, battery, wireless card, HDD... nothing happens
    -held power button for 10 seconds with battery in and out of machine while and while nt plugged in
    -Different power adapters

i am going to check the cmos battery but if anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated.

Msap14, Sep 25, 2019
  4. My laptop won't turn off after Hibernate of shut down (Involve Office)

Heneral Luna, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

My laptop won't turn off after Hibernate of shut down (Involve Office)

1. My laptop won't turn off after Hibernate of shut down (Involve Office) - Similar Threads - laptop won't turn

2. The laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to "Hibernation".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to "Hibernation".: The laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to "Hibernation".The Laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to a supposed Hibernation state, where the fan and light are both steadily on.I'm forced to push the power button to turn it completely off.In said...
  3. The laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to "Hibernation".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to "Hibernation".: The laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to "Hibernation".The Laptop won't properly shut down and instead goes to a supposed Hibernation state, where the fan and light are both steadily on.I'm forced to push the power button to turn it completely off.In said...
  4. My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Turns ON by itself after SHUT DOWN: Hi, I have a problem that started yesterday...When I SHUT DOWN my laptop, a few seconds later I see it already turned ON, and when I decided to watch it doing that, and I found that it doesn't even show me the normal Boot sequence, my screen just turns ON as if I just put my...
  5. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  6. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  7. Computer turning off after shut down

Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  8. My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.

My laptop shut off and won't turn back on.: I'm having this issue where I'm just watching this random video on YouTube and talking to people and all of a sudden it says locking in the middle of the screen and starts shutting down or doing something. I was worried this might have been some bug so I held the power button...
  9. Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down

Laptop doesn't turn itself off after shutting down: I recently upgraded to windows 10 and when I try to shut down the OS safely shuts down but the laptop stays on meaning I have to turn it off manually (hold the power button). I have tried turning off hybrid shutdown but this hasn't helped. How do I fix this? 10443
  10. Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not Shutting down Nor Hibernating: Hi Everyone I have HP elitebook 8460P Core i5 Second generation laptop. And I installed windows 10 32bit. But there is a big problem. And the problem is that , that when i am clicking on shut down, shutting down screen appears. and after that My PC's screen become black,...