Windows 10: My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

Discus and support My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AntimalwaremachinE4ever, May 9, 2022.

1. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I choose the power option at start menu: "Update and Shut Down" THIS IS THE BATTERY REPORT::- Battery reportCOMPUTER NAMEcensoredSYSTEM PRODUCT NAMEcensoredBIOS1.7 11/02/2015OS BUILD19041.1.amd64fre.vb_release.191206-1406PLATFORM ROLEMobileCONNECTED STANDBYNot supportedREPORT TIME2022-05-0922:33:49Installed batteriesInformation about each currently installed batteryBATTERY 1NAMEstandardMANUFACTUREROEMSERIAL NUMBER00001CHEMISTRYLiONDESIGN CAPACI

:)

AntimalwaremachinE4ever, May 9, 2022
  2. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, May 9, 2022
  3. Kordi Win User
    Turning on/shutting down issue

Hello,
    I cannot turn on my PC at all until I unplug something, like when I try to turn it on it doesn't work, I unplug the Display port then I turn it on and after it turns on I replug it.
    I also have problems with shutting down, I sit the pc down from Windows and it shows me the "shutting down" thing and then it suddenly shuts off like it's been unplugged from the wall.
    I have my AC, phone, monitor, router and PC.
    And I'm using some extensions and adapters because the wall plug is pretty far.
    By the way I replaced my Mobo CPU, ram and GPU because the previous build had other problems.
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LBvXWX
    Thanks in advance.

Kordi, May 9, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

how do i get my laptop to start charging up again (after an update)

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, May 9, 2022
Thema:

My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

1. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged - Similar Threads - laptop wont turn

2. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  3. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in: It says that the battery is full so I unplug the charger and it turns off straight away and won't turn back on unless I plug it back in. I got a new battery because I thought that was the issue but its doing the same thing. My laptop is an acer...
  4. My laptop won't turn on unless it's plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged: This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I choose the power option at start menu: "Update and Shut Down" THIS IS THE BATTERY REPORT::- Battery reportCOMPUTER...
  6. My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged

My laptop wont turn on unless plugged in and will shut down if it unplugged: This all happen after KB5011831 Windows 10 update at 4:25:28 am at 8 May 2022 check the battery report with that dateWhen the update are downloaded, I choose the power option at start menu: "Update and Shut Down" THIS IS THE BATTERY REPORT::- Battery reportCOMPUTER...
  7. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?: Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-unless-its-plugged-in/9ecf9390-efe1-4301-8f26-62fcdf35e5d0
  8. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?: Windows 10.My laptop is half full battery, yet wont turn on unless its plugged-in. Once its on, it can stay on on battery without cable! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-laptop-wont-turn-on-unless-its-plugged-in/9ecf9390-efe1-4301-8f26-62fcdf35e5d0
  9. Why my laptop wont turn on unless its plugged in?

10. My laptop shut down and wont turn back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shut down and wont turn back on: My hp laptop just shut down and wont turn on during my online classes can anyone help submitted by /u/chandraryanmaharia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwxk7b/my_laptop_shut_down_and_wont_turn_back_on/