Windows 10: my laptop wont turn on

Discus and support my laptop wont turn on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop is the white hp 15-r23ne. it was working one hour ago. it was on battery and the battery was about to empty. i was busy somewhere else. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cns00, Oct 9, 2019 at 1:22 PM.

1. cns00 Win User

my laptop wont turn on

my laptop is the white hp 15-r23ne. it was working one hour ago. it was on battery and the battery was about to empty. i was busy somewhere else. i heard the laptop beep a few times and then it switched off

now it wont switch on. when i press the power button the red light on the f12 button will turn on and then the white light on the capslock button will start to blink. it blinks twice then a short pause and then it blinks twice again and then another short pause and it repeats. the fan is on, the screen is off and there are no beeps when i try to turn the laptop on

i removed the battery and i disconnected the power wire and then i help the power button for 15 seconds and then i put back the battery and the power wire and i tried to turn it on. still the same issue. what is happening?

:)

2. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

4. my laptop wont turn on

My hp laptop wont turn on

Hello,

There are many reasons for your problem, but you may try this step :-

• Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery.
    • Hold down the power button for at least fifteen seconds.
    • Without replacing the battery, plug the AC adapter back into the laptop.
    • Press the power button to turn on your laptop
    If the PC is able to boot & startup, the problem is with your battery, if not contact a service centre.

Nandu Surendran, Oct 9, 2019 at 1:23 PM
Thema:

my laptop wont turn on

1. my laptop wont turn on - Similar Threads - laptop wont turn

2. My laptop will not turn on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop will not turn on: My Windows 10 Gateway laptop will not turn on. I tried power cycleing it and that didn't work. If anyone has a solution please reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-not-turn-on/8e30d495-4143-4bb4-8a90-f07fceeed96a
  3. Lost my recovery key and my pc wont turn on..

Lost my recovery key and my pc wont turn on..: so, i’m not exactly old or young. So being me, I don’t write things down... including the recovery key. and i mean like, when i got my pc i just took it out of the box and threw it (the box) out. I’m not one to read instructions either. So I have no clue what my recovery key...
  4. my laptop wont acept my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my laptop wont acept my password: my HP lap top wont accept my password it keeps saying incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-acept-my-password/f0c1fd2a-b225-4325-a4a4-8a13f653bfb3"
  5. (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    (Windows 10) Screen Wont Turn On When I Turn On My Laptop After Hibernation: my laptops screen will not turn on when i turn on my laptop after it has hibernated but the screen will turn on if i shut down my laptop and turn it back on, im going to look in event viewer and see if i can find anything useful...
  6. WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.: In network setting my network status just has a blank line with dotted lines in between. And there is no wifi button to click on the left side of the page. Also under the settings page in airplane mode the airplane mode toggle switch is locked in the on position. I have...
  7. my windows defender wont turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my windows defender wont turn on: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-windows-defender-wont-turn-on/96db1a84-06d3-49d4-96d8-f80b2160842a
  8. Asus Laptop (biult in battery)wont turn on if not plugged

Asus Laptop (biult in battery)wont turn on if not plugged: I cant use my laptop without charging if I pull out the charging cable it turns off please help I don't see any reset button or pinhole it has a built in battery I tried holding the power button for 30 seconds nothing happend...
  9. My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!!: i have an asus x550lc which i recently upgraded to windows 10 x64. My pc is having a serious problem. it wont shutdown or sleep or restart properly. Sometimes it works all fine but most of the time after i shutdown or sleep the pc... the pc will turn off the screen and the...
  10. My laptop wont stop speaking

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop wont stop speaking: While trying to help my husband fix his sound issue on his laptop I hit the windows key and I and enter believing that it would open the control panel. It didn't. I now have sound out of a headset but every time I touch anything a voice is speaking exactly what I am doing and...