Windows 10: My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.

Discus and support My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a pair of Apple Earbuds headphones with a microphone and a 3.5mm jack and an MSI GT75 Titan. When I plug the headphones into the "headphone"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Collin V., Aug 17, 2020.

1. Collin V. Win User

My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones.

I have a pair of Apple Earbuds headphones with a microphone and a 3.5mm jack and an MSI GT75 Titan. When I plug the headphones into the "headphone" jack, I can hear sound through them instead of the onboard speakers, but when I plug them into the microphone jack, my laptop still uses the onboard mic instead of the one in the headphones. They seem to work on my iMac, though. I am using a Realtek audio driver, but I can't find it on Realtek's website and on my computer, it just says "Realtek R Audio", not "Realtek HD Audio" or something like that. Also, no matter where I plug the headphones into my laptop, it doesn't show them in the list of devices - even when I plug them into the 'headphone" jack where the headphones part works properly. Can someone please help?

:)

Collin V., Aug 17, 2020
  2. pab1969 Win User

Apple Headset/Microphone not working

So there's no kind of adaptor that will work for this to enable the jack to accept audio and microphone?? Every adaptor I've looked at doesn't support the microphone function. This is so odd as my manager uses an Apple headphone in his laptop and his android phone with no problem.

pab1969, Aug 17, 2020
  3. SupaCrow Win User
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones. [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Aug 17, 2020
  4. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

ed.

sergO3, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptop won't use the microphone in my Apple headphones. - Similar Threads - laptop won't microphone

2. Headphone microphone problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone microphone problems with my laptop: I have a Dell G15 Laptop, everything is in perfect shape except that it wont allow me to use my headphone mic. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 2 and somehow there's no microphone input for my headphone's mic other than microphone array. I've tried reinstalling/updating the...
  3. Headphone microphone problems with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone microphone problems with my laptop: I have a Dell G15 Laptop, everything is in perfect shape except that it wont allow me to use my headphone mic. I have a HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 2 and somehow there's no microphone input for my headphone's mic other than microphone array. I've tried reinstalling/updating the...
  4. Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone: My earphones and my headphones both have built in mics, but whenever I plug them in I only have the option to select mic OR headphone and if i select mic it doesn't work anyway. There is literally no way for that the computer will recognize that my headphones have a...
  5. Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone: My earphones and my headphones both have built in mics, but whenever I plug them in I only have the option to select mic OR headphone and if i select mic it doesn't work anyway. There is literally no way for that the computer will recognize that my headphones have a...
  6. Realtek audio won't recognize my headphones' microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows thinks that my headphones are speakers, and uses the laptop microphone instead of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows thinks that my headphones are speakers, and uses the laptop microphone instead of...: anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/DeathSquad2098 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jf6bg0/windows_thinks_that_my_headphones_are_speakers/
  8. My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop keeps using my headphone as a microphone audio: I used to get a pop-up on my laptop if I wanted to change my headphones to an installed microphone or headphones every time I plug it into the computer. I don't seem to get the pop-up anymore, and it's really hard when you only have a singular plug-port instead of multiple....
  9. Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use the microphone included with my headphones?: Hi. I'm on a new-ish dell laptop (windows 10), and whenver I plug in headphones (audiojack) that have a microphone, the mic is never detected by the computer. I've never had this issue with other computers (Mac). I don't know what else to say other than that I've looked...
  10. Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

in Windows 10 Support
    Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone: Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone. [img] How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos...