Windows 10: My laptop works but the screen is just black.

Discus and support My laptop works but the screen is just black. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by a Spartoi, Sep 5, 2019.

1. a Spartoi Win User

My laptop works but the screen is just black.

I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black.

:)

a Spartoi, Sep 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My laptop works but the screen is just black. - Similar Threads - laptop works screen

2. black lines on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black lines on my laptop screen: Anyone know why these have appeared .... and especially if there is an easy, cheap and safe fix I can do? Or to prevent their further expansion (see below) It is an old HP Elitebook G2, Windows 10 Pro (64) 1803 and recently puffed the battery (heating cause was likely...
  3. Help My laptop powers on but screen is black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help My laptop powers on but screen is black: Help i have an Asus Zenbook Deluxe UX490UA and my screen isn’t powering on it’s just black the laptop it self is on power indication makes notification sounds and Capslock sounds but the screen is just black ive had it since 13th of October and have not dropped it once and...
  4. laptop just stop working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop just stop working: my pc ran into a problem and need to restart, then a message display that we're collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you, the message also display stop code: CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT, and say for more information about this issue visit...
  5. Black screen no curser no start up screen just black windows 10

Black screen no curser no start up screen just black windows 10: window 10 black screen with nothing for a quick second something will show up but then back to black screen .I tried to wake it up by pressing windows key+ctrl+shift+B and my start up screen with the login will flash for a second then it goes back to black screen before I...
  6. Black screen in my laptop

Black screen in my laptop: So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but...
  7. Black screen/ just curser after user screen

Black screen/ just curser after user screen: I had posted earlier tonight about my Start Up wndows logo and tray icons almost all are frozen. I tried solutions posted but since i cant access Settings or Window logo i was stuck. I tried accessing run menu through Task Mgr but wasnt getting anywhere. Now i cant get...
  8. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it was working ok but I couldn't see anything (not even the cursor). I plugged an external monitor in and that was ok. I tried...
  9. Laptop with black flasses on screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop with black flasses on screen: Good even to all. I have an Acer Aspire Laptop working fine with the latest up dates windows 10 home. Over the last few days I have noticed that when I have two programs open and when I click on the mouse to change from one pro to the other the screen gives a black flash as...
  10. Black screen after resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after resetting my laptop: So recently my Sony Vaio laptop performance has gone down so I decided to do a reset. Maybe I had malware. I did the fast reset where you can recover some files. After the reset was going, about 44%, it failed. So I decided to shut down the computer and try again later. The...