Windows 10: My laptop works but the screen is just black.

Discus and support My laptop works but the screen is just black. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by a Spartoi, Sep 5, 2019.

1. a Spartoi Win User

My laptop works but the screen is just black.

I'm using a "Evoo Ultra Thin 11.6 Windows 10 Laptop" and when I turn it on, the battery and status light works but the screen just stays black.

:)

a Spartoi, Sep 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

1. My laptop works but the screen is just black. - Similar Threads - laptop works screen

2. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  3. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck: I recently disabled microsoft hyper V virtualization infrastructures driver because it has a problem because it cannot load due to lack of requirements/necessary drivers and It was on safe mode then I installed nvidia geforce 310m and updated it then I restarted my laptop to...
  4. My laptop screen goes black no sounds no cursor just balck

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Asus Laptop Screen is just Black after Start: So my Asus Laptop Asus VivoBook 15 just gets a black screen after start up.This was all just caused after the Windows 10 Update I made after the Laptop asked me to do it.I turned off fast startup,checked registry and it has the explorer.exe,updated all the drivers...What can...
  6. Black screen but the laptop is still working ...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen but the laptop is still working ...: I have a question concerning another situation with my laptop. My screen goes to black 5 minutes after no activities and i could put it back up just by pressing on any keys from the keyboard. Now I can't turn the screen up back but I still can hear the laptop working in the...
  7. My screen is just black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My screen is just black: my windows 10 said it needed an update so i updated it and as normal it did its restart and when it turned back on it did the whole loading screen w the dell logo and then it just goes black and its been stuck on black for abt half an hour now...
  8. Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screens

Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screens: Hi All, Really stumped by my laptop's webcam. I'm just getting a black/ blank screen whenever I launch the MS Camera app, Zoom or Skype. The power light comes on but that's it. No picture of me whatsoever. I'm on 1909. I've tried the following. 1 - Uninstalling and...
  9. Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screen

Asus Laptop Webcam Just Portraying Black Screen: Hi All, Really stumped by my webcam. I'm just getting a black/ blank screen whenever I launch the MS Camera app, Zoom or Skype. The power light comes on but that's it. No picture of me whatsoever. I've tried the following. 1 - Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver...
  10. Black screen in my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen in my laptop: So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but...