Windows 10: My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

Discus and support My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought my new laptop, lenovo legion 5i, a week back from now, and on the next day i faced battery drain problem . So i gave my laptop at lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harshil_Shah11, Nov 3, 2020.

1. My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

I bought my new laptop, lenovo legion 5i, a week back from now, and on the next day i faced battery drain problem . So i gave my laptop at lenovo service centre. There they said that battery was all good, but the problem was with operating system. At the time i gave in my laptop to service centre, the version of OS installed was 2004 and OS build was 19041.572 . So at service centre they reinstalled windows 10 with latest version i.e. 20H2 and the tested for 4 days. After i received my laptop back, i checked and battery performance was indeed improved. Technicians at service centre specifically told that there is only software problem that is causing battery drain and there will not be any hardware parts replacement .

But when i compared all details with the one i took screen shot of before handing in my laptop to service centre , i found that my laptop'sdevice-id was not same. My question here is that , is it possible that without changing any hardware parts and just reinstalling OS with latest version and updating drivers and BIOS , any laptop's device id changes ??

Although product id was same. Only my laptop's device id is changed .

The device id can be find inside settings--> systems --> about

:)

Harshil_Shah11, Nov 3, 2020

2. Changing Device ID via BIOS

It's possible to changing Device ID in RaBiT but without changing clocks and others ?

I want change in my bios Device ID X1950PRO 7280 to HD 4650 9498 and i don't know whether it will work, I like things to test.

Thanks for answers and sorry for my English because i'm from Poland *Wink My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ? ;)

cotojestwtf, Nov 3, 2020
  3. The_NME Win User
    Change Device ID on ATI Card

Hello. I'm working on a small project to make a TV work with my system. I'm on to a method that looks promising. However, to proceed I need to change the device ID of my x300. I've used atiflash to change the subsys ID (the -mi switch) and RaBiT. RaBiT let me change the ID a little (from 5B60 to 5B61) but that didnt change a thing.

I suppose that I ideally want Windows to wonder what the heck the card is. I dont want it to know that its a x300. I know the device IDs from the driver installation files which is why I changed it to 5B61.

Is there any software out there to change the device ID?

The_NME, Nov 3, 2020
  4. dolf Win User

My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

Change Device ID on ATI Card

You can write whatever Device ID you want in RaBit but when you try to flash it you can't because on AGP cards only the last 2 digits from the device ID can be changed (the first two are set on the hardware level. On PCI-E cards just the first digit is "solid".

dolf, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ?

1. My laptop's device id changed !! Is it possible ? - Similar Threads - laptop's device changed

2. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  3. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device ID and Product ID changed post format.: I recently formatted my Dell Vostro 3590 which had Windows 10 installed. After the format of the OS i signed in using my Microsoft ID and the Product ID and Device ID of this laptop have changed. This laptop has also picked up the service tags of one of my other Dell Laptops...
  4. Device ID and Product ID changed post format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change my DEVICE ID: I use ilok for several applications and i reinstalled windows before deactivating a product key held in ilok, now i need to change my device id back to what it was before reinstalling windows so i can deactivate that product key in ilok. can someone tell me how i can change...
  6. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change my DEVICE ID: I use ilok for several applications and i reinstalled windows before deactivating a product key held in ilok, now i need to change my device id back to what it was before reinstalling windows so i can deactivate that product key in ilok. can someone tell me how i can change...
  7. Can I change my DEVICE ID

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Change Device id

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Device id: Dear all, Please help as 1 of the game account has been suspended and is base on my device ID. How can i change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-device-id/ee11e618-175a-41b3-9aba-981dccc809e1
  9. Windows Device ID Changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Device ID Changed: Hello, Recently i was having battery drain issue with my Laptop. I went to the service center for resolution,after couple of days of inspection and windows re-installation the service center guys handed me my laptop back. It is working fine now,but my Device ID was...
  10. Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add/spoof usb device IDs?: So I found this question after plugging my Yeti mic into a different port and it registering as a Yeti Mic 2 thus messing up my configurations. This happened to other devices too since I was cleaning my case and removed all plugged in accessories. After reading that...