Windows 10: My laptop's hard drive is gone?

Discus and support My laptop's hard drive is gone? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I might as well. My laptop has 2 drives, and SSD and a Hard Drive. My hard drive suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillyTheSquare, Apr 17, 2020.

1. My laptop's hard drive is gone?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I might as well. My laptop has 2 drives, and SSD and a Hard Drive. My hard drive suddenly dissipated. It doesn't show up in File Explorer and when I open any files that were on it it says that "The item is missing or we can't get to it.". Does anyone know how to fix this?

submitted by /u/BillyTheSquare
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillyTheSquare, Apr 17, 2020

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 17, 2020
  4. My laptop's hard drive is gone?

little cat, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

My laptop's hard drive is gone?

1. My laptop's hard drive is gone? - Similar Threads - laptop's hard drive

2. My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible: Sometimes I can not see and access my Hard-Drive partitions and the only thing that can be seen is the total Hard-Drive without any partitions in Disk Management only. Can not do anything about it. It has happened twice in the past and recovered automatically. But this time,...
  3. My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible: Sometimes I can not see and access my Hard-Drive partitions and the only thing that can be seen is the total Hard-Drive without any partitions in Disk Management only. Can not do anything about it. It has happened twice in the past and recovered automatically. But this time,...
  4. My Hard-Drive partitions are gone and not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Where has my hard drive space gone?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Where has my hard drive space gone?: My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of the drive are about 26gb including windows and basic software installed after I did a fresh install of windows however the...
  6. Where has my hard drive space gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where has my hard drive space gone?: My primary C drive has 222gb of space in total available according to windows just as it should do, after viewing hidden files the total contents of the drive are about 26gb including windows and basic software installed after I did a fresh install of windows however the...
  7. Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive: I have replced my laptop's hard drive with the hard drive of my old laptope. I tried to reinstall window from a dvd but my laptope show error that.. "you are using a already runing hard drive so window can not be install and i may not work on this pc.. Please insert back...
  8. moving my hard drive into another laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    moving my hard drive into another laptop: i have a toshiba 64 bit laptop and it is starting to go bad. i have a hp probook 6460b 64 bit that has not hard drive in it. so i took the drive out of the toshiba and put it into the hp and after it did it's thing telling me some hardware has changed and finally started up...
  9. Hard Drive Gone Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Gone Missing: One of my secondary hard drives went missing this morning. Been using it for more than a year on this Desktop PC. Opened Disk Management expecting it just had to be reestablished, which has happened before, but it wasn't there. Rescan didn't help. Can you?...
  10. Hard drive activation gone horribly wrong

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive activation gone horribly wrong: I accidentally made a secondary hdd (not my mai one) active. the storage of that hdd has now gone down to 244gb and shows no files??? is there any way i can reverse all of this??...