Windows 10: my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software

Discus and support my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a ROG laptop and it has 2 storage drives but my HHD isn't visible and has vanished and I cant use it or find it and none of the fixes worked. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jack007nugent, Jun 17, 2020.

1. my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software

I have a ROG laptop and it has 2 storage drives but my HHD isn't visible and has vanished and I cant use it or find it and none of the fixes worked. I spilled pepsi on it about a year ago and it has been fine since

:)

jack007nugent, Jun 17, 2020

2. Laptop hard drive upgrade

To replace a hard drive on a laptop is a little more troublesome than a desktop. 1st as most people here suggest you will need some sort of a backup disk just in case. Also be sure when buying the new Hard Disk is compatible with your model. And i would strongly suggest you install a new system and start from scratch because there are far too many problems that can occur when transferring system files.

scoutingwraith, Jun 17, 2020
  3. badrobot Win User
    Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Download any of the suggested programs above and fire up Youtube for a step by step instruction. Easus is a good software. But I personally use MiniTool Partition Wizard.

It will only take 5 minutes to become a professional hard drive partitioner. my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software :)

badrobot, Jun 17, 2020
  4. gordon99 Win User

my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software

Replacing a laptop hard drive with a SSD

I have a Dell Latitude E5420 laptop which has a Windows 10 Pro O/S. I would appreciate a step by step guide on the procedure to replace the hard drive with a Solid State drive; specifically dealing with the transfer of all the software from the old drive to the new. I have an external hard drive I use for backups and a free version of the Macrium Reflect program on the hard drive. The SSD is brand new. I have just 50 GB in total on the 231 GB hard drive. The SSD has 250 GB capacity.

gordon99, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software

1. my laptops hard drive is not visable from any software - Similar Threads - laptops hard drive

2. My internal hard drive diapered from my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internal hard drive diapered from my laptop: I was using my laptop and all of a sudden my computer froze, i could move my mouse but could touch or do anything. So i shut of my computer and after i logged in and had started it again on of my hard drives had disappeared for my computers storage. And now I can´t access or...
  3. My internal hard drive diapered from my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internal hard drive diapered from my laptop: I was using my laptop and all of a sudden my computer froze, i could move my mouse but could touch or do anything. So i shut of my computer and after i logged in and had started it again on of my hard drives had disappeared for my computers storage. And now I can´t access or...
  4. Hard drive reflection software for photography

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive reflection software for photography: Hey everyone, I know there's software out there that exists but I'm having a tricky time narrowing it down for this specific use. I have 2 external hard drives where I store my photography on. We'll call them hard drive A and B. In the past I have just copied all the...
  5. Best hard drive health software?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best hard drive health software?: Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else. I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel,...
  6. Best hard drive health software?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best hard drive health software?: Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else. I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel,...
  7. My hard drive was deleted without any action from me.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My hard drive was deleted without any action from me.: here is a screenshot documenting the deletion [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-was-deleted-without-any-action-from/f6ab4caa-3e4a-48c4-92b3-89a9ff07c799
  8. Softwares Can't Be Installed From an External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Softwares Can't Be Installed From an External Hard Drive: When I try to install a software from an external hard drive I can't. But when I copy that file onto desktop I can. How to fix that? 71332
  9. Software to Clean Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Software to Clean Hard Drive: Good morning, I would like to thank everyone for all of the help I have received with my problem. However, I could not get the hard drive cleaned. Is there a software that TECHS use to clean the hard drive? I willing to buy it today. 101333
  10. Hard Drive Image Software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Image Software: Being the Belt & Suspenders type of guy, I thought I would burn an image of my "C" Drive before I plunge into this upgrade. Can anyone recommend a good Image Burner Software that won't cost a fortune ? Does anything exist in Windows 8.1 that I might use ? Thanks,...