Windows 10: my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting

Discus and support my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop's function keys even all keys not working in bios settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Himanshu Bhardwaj s, Jun 26, 2021.

1. my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting

my laptop's function keys even all keys not working in bios settings

:)

Himanshu Bhardwaj s, Jun 26, 2021

2. Laptop in-built keyboard not working in Windows 10

Hi Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19:

I followed your steps one by one and the problem still persists. I'm going thorugh the results of each step:

step 1) System Restore:

When the problem first appeared I tried a system restore, but the Recovery Wizard sent me to a screen where I had to type my password to approve the restore. Since I didn't have a keyboard and there was no on-screen keyboard option, I decided to do a full
    PC Reset instead. The reset wiped all restore points that I could have had.

step 2) Update History:

Again, the full reset of Windows erased all update history, and I was left with the updates done during Windows installation. I think I acted to quickly when doing that reset, but I was desperate.

step 3) Device manager update driver.

This didn't work for automatic updates nor manual updates.

step 4) Roll back driver

Since I did a clean install of windows, it wasn't possible to roll back to the previous driver.

step 5) On-screen keyboard

On-screen keyboard does work.

step 6) Test it in repair mode

Did the repair mode and the problem persists.

step 7) Get it replaced

The laptop is not under warranty anymore and I don't think it's a hardware issue since the keyboard works perfectly in the BIOS screen.

step 8) Performing a power drain by unplugging everything and holding power button fo 30 seconds.

This didn't work.

step 9) Reset keyboard

This didn't work.

step 10) BIOS settings

There are not BIOS settings in my laptop that control the keyboard.

step 11) Windows 10 performance and install integrity checklist

Tried all steps in the checklist and nothing worked. I have done a USB clean install of Windows 10 and that did'nt work either.

step 12) Update BIOS firmaware

The BIOS has the latest update that appears in the manufacturer's website for my model. This didn't solve the keyboard problem.

step 13) Upgrade to the latest version of Windows 10

Already mentioned that on step 11, updated to version 1903 and that didn't work.

That's all. I still have an unopperative laptop keyboard. I have been comparing my laptop's device manager list with other laptop's and I found two things that are different so far:

- In my laptop's device manager, under Human Interface Devices, I have two listed devices which I don't know what they are. Both of them are called "HID-compliant consumer control device", both of them enabled and working. I only
    have an USB mouse attached to my laptop.

- In the resources tab for the ps/2 keyboard device, there are only three resources: I/O Range 0060-0060,

I/O Range 0064-0064 and IRQ. Other laptops have more than three resources listed in this tab.

I should mention that my Synaptics touchpad doesnt work either, but I didn't notice since I always use an USB mouse with my laptop.

I hope you can help me further since this is a complete mystery. Thanks and have a nice day.

Human Beaner, Jun 26, 2021
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jun 26, 2021
  4. DBum1015 Win User

my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting

keyboard works in BIOS but not on desktop

Hello, Alex!

I'll be glad to assist you today. I don't want to assume anything, but is your mouse working? If it is, you can try to fix the problem in Device Manager. Just follow these steps using your mouse/touchpad:

• Right-click on the Start menu to bring up the Power User Menu, and click
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the
      Hardware and Sound link.
    • Click on
      Device Manager
      under the Devices and Printers group at the top of the screen.
    • In the Device Manager window that pops up, expand
      Keyboards. There you should find your keyboard listed . Right click on your keyboard and select Update Driver Software... to check and see you have the latest driver for the keyboard to work.
    If these steps don't fix your problem, a temporary fix would be to turn on the included On-Screen Keyboard. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on
      Start, Settings, Ease of Access
      , then Keyboard
    • Click to turn on the
      On Screen Keyboard.
    Either of these two options should get you back to typing again in no time! If you need any other help, let me know!

Thanks,

Dustin

DBum1015, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting

1. my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting - Similar Threads - laptop's keyboard working

2. the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the touchpad and built-in keyboard only work in BIOS: Hello. I have a vivobook flip tp412fa laptop. For some time now, the touchpad and built-in keyboard have stopped responding and only work in BIOS mode, the touchscreen works without any problems. The devices are visible in the device manager without any errors, when turning...
  3. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  4. Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse only work in BIOS not on Startup: For some reason the keyboard and mouse randomly stopped working after doing a system diagnosis. It is working fine on BIOS, however they immediately lose power on the sign in screen. None of the usb ports work at all. I tried replugging all of them into different ports, 2.0,...
  5. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  6. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  7. My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .: Hello,I am Himanshu my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios settings whereas it works smoothly in other conditions.and I am not able to open bios setting by the keyboard key .please tell me any solution .I want to enable tpm from bios ....
  8. Laptop keyboard work only in bios

Laptop keyboard work only in bios: Hi I need help with my laptop, my laptop keyboard work only in bios. I Deleted the drivers in device manager and tried to update them I reinstall windows 10 My laptop is xps 13 9350...
  9. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio: Hi my mouse and keyboard are not working but do work in the bio And i restarted when I once and it didnt work. so when I go on into system restore it says administrater password but I can’t make a new account because my mouse and keyboard don’t work and it’s kind of new...
  10. Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard and Mouse Only Work in BIOS: So I got an Ocus Rift S yesterday, and I ran into an obscure problem with sensors not being able to be tracked. I looked at multiple sources saying the fix was easy. After trying every single one, nothing ever worked of course, the last one I tried was changing the drivers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new bios enable mouse keyboard