Windows 10: My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .

Discus and support My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options . in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I am Himanshu my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios settings whereas it works smoothly in other conditions.and I am not able to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Himanshu Bhardwaj s, Jun 26, 2021.

1. My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .

Hello,I am Himanshu my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios settings whereas it works smoothly in other conditions.and I am not able to open bios setting by the keyboard key .please tell me any solution .I want to enable tpm from bios .

:)

Himanshu Bhardwaj s, Jun 26, 2021
  2. Ticked Win User

laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Jun 26, 2021
  3. DBum1015 Win User
    keyboard works in BIOS but not on desktop

Hello, Alex!

I'll be glad to assist you today. I don't want to assume anything, but is your mouse working? If it is, you can try to fix the problem in Device Manager. Just follow these steps using your mouse/touchpad:

• Right-click on the Start menu to bring up the Power User Menu, and click
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the
      Hardware and Sound link.
    • Click on
      Device Manager
      under the Devices and Printers group at the top of the screen.
    • In the Device Manager window that pops up, expand
      Keyboards. There you should find your keyboard listed . Right click on your keyboard and select Update Driver Software... to check and see you have the latest driver for the keyboard to work.
    If these steps don't fix your problem, a temporary fix would be to turn on the included On-Screen Keyboard. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click on
      Start, Settings, Ease of Access
      , then Keyboard
    • Click to turn on the
      On Screen Keyboard.
    Either of these two options should get you back to typing again in no time! If you need any other help, let me know!

Thanks,

Dustin

DBum1015, Jun 26, 2021
  4. My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .

Start Menu and other Windows menus (like Settings) not responding to Mouse clicks (left and right)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your.

I suggest you to boot your computer into Safe Mode environment and check if the issue still persist.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Reply us with this result to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options .

1. My laptop's keyboard is not working only in start-up menu /bios setting /advance options . - Similar Threads - laptop's keyboard working

2. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  3. Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keyboard only works in BIOS.: Hi,I've had an issue for about a month where the keyboard on my laptop only works in the BIOS. When I get to the Windows login screen it doesn't react.I've tried loads of proposed solutions using an external keyboard and mouse: e.g. Uninstalling keyboard HID in Device...
  4. Advanced settings in bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Advanced settings in bios: Hello, just wanted to know if there's any way to go into advanced settings in bios. It seems to be missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings-in-bios/b53919b6-ba34-4846-8f5d-cace45377d44
  5. my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop's keyboard is not working only in bios setting: my laptop's function keys even all keys not working in bios settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-keyboard-is-not-working-only-in-bios/645a9a3a-c068-4376-9075-2010411ff7cd
  6. Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advanced Startup Menu - Only shows UEFI option: Hello,I have an issue which requires me to go the Advanced Startup Menu, but when I get to the menu, the only option I see is the UEFI option. I am using a custom PC. I used to work on my laptop and had all of the options on the Advanced Startup Menu.Is there a way or...
  7. Laptop keyboard work only in bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard work only in bios: Hi I need help with my laptop, my laptop keyboard work only in bios. I Deleted the drivers in device manager and tried to update them I reinstall windows 10 My laptop is xps 13 9350...
  8. Missing options in advanced BIOS settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing options in advanced BIOS settings: [IMG]The only option in advanced settings is CPU Setup. I’m looking for memory remapping, but can’t find it anywhere. I have a Lenovo Erazer X315. Any help?...
  9. My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    My taskbar and cursor is flickering and All options on Advanced Start Up menu seems to not work: My laptop seems fine when i started opening it but after signing in, the taskbar and cursor flickers. I can't click any icons on the task bar and there are no apps on the desktop. They say i should open task manager to see of ot flickers as well but it doesnt open. nor win+r....
  10. Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advance Start up > Advanced options password disable: I was looking at an article on how one can reset a windows password if you've forgotten it by going into Advanced Startup Press the shift key + restart to boot to Advanced Startup Select Troubleshoot Select Advance Options Select Command prompt And then running some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to activate on screen keyboard when in advance options on windows 10

2. How to enable USB keyboard without BIOS