Windows 10: My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

Discus and support My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thant Thu, Mar 19, 2024.

1. Thant Thu Win User

My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard

:)

Thant Thu, Mar 19, 2024

2. slow laptop keyboard with clicking sounds.

My dog stepped on my dell laptop keyboard...made some noises (the computer) and now the keyboard is making clicking sounds and is running slow, especially on backspacing and when I am putting two of the same letters in a row.

I went through my keyboard options and they seem to be fine.

Oh and I just realized typing this that hitting backspace twice it takes about ten clicks to do it. If it does it at all...

Help please!

Kelly.Anne, Mar 19, 2024
  3. Darshan J Win User
    When numlock is on, my desktop keyboard types numbers instead of letters

Hello Vicky,

Please help us with the below information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    This issue might occur if function key in the keyboard is enabled. So as an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the function key in the key board and make sure that it is not enabled.

If the issue still persists you can run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Suggest you to follow the steps below and run the
    Hardware and Device
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next" button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Mar 19, 2024
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Laptop making sound while charging

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What type of sound do you get when you plug in the charger?
    • Were you getting the sound on the laptop earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop?

Please get back to us with the details to assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 19, 2024
Thema:

1. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type - Similar Threads - laptop's keyboard makes

2. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  3. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing: My keyboard is making clicking sounds while typingTo clarify this is not mechanical this is audio coming from my computerI have tried disabling sticky keys, turning off narrator looking at my keyboard 3rd party app and going into my computers bios to see if I can disable the...
  4. Keyboard making clicking sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  6. My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type

My laptop's keyboard makes clicking sounds when I type: Clicking sounds does not happen when pc's turned off.I've tried-changing ease of access settings -updating my keyboard drivers-turned of on screen keyboard...
  7. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  8. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  9. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

10. HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE: FOR SOME REASON MY KEYBOARD STATRED MAKING A SOUND WHEN I PRESS ON KEYS TO TYPE.HOW DO I STOP THISN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-keyboard-making-sounds-when-i-type/0a429486-d3b8-4f67-bee9-32927d816bf3