Windows 10: My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

Discus and support My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielWagener1, Apr 19, 2019.

1. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

I want to plug in my headphones and still have my laptop's built-in microphone record sound (e.g. my voice). Right now, if my plug in my headphones, the laptop's microphone doesn't pick up anything. With my old pair of headphones, this wasn't an issue-- I could record my voice, have Skype chats, etc with those headphones plugged in. I know this question has been posted elsewhere, but I've tried a bunch of different things for the past couple hours and nothing has worked so far.

The Headphones

My headphones are Plantronics Backbeat Go 810, bluetooth headphones that also have the ability to connect via a 3.5mm audio cable. The headphones have know microphone functionality. I lost the 3.5mm cable that came with the headphones, so to connect to my computer, I'm using a 3.5mm audio cable that I bought at a phone store. I'm not sure if that matters-- I can't remember if my laptop's microphone worked with the old cable. Up until recently, I was mainly using a pair of Sony headphones, and my laptop's microphone worked just fine with those plugged in.

The Laptop

A Samsung 300E5K/300E5Q. This computer has only one 3.5mm port, to be used for both headphones and microphones.

Things I've Tried So Far (that haven't worked)

-Going into the control panel and setting the microphone to a desktop microphone rather than a headset microphone

-Setting Stereo Mix as my default device

-Setting the Microphone as my default communications device

-Toggling the Device Advanced Settings in the Realtek Audio Manager

-Disabling the headphones from the control panel (made my headphones no work, predictably)

-Stopping the Realtek Audio Manager from the task manager

Thing I Haven't Tried Yet

- A factory reset of my laptop. I saw some advice suggesting that some do this, but it seems a bit extreme and I'd rather not, especially if there isn't a guarantee that it'll resolve the issue

Anyone got the answer? Thanks in advance.

:)

DanielWagener1, Apr 19, 2019
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Apr 19, 2019
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones. [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Apr 19, 2019
  4. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

Audio jack doesn`t work

Today when i plugged out headphones, it doesn`t display that you`ve unplugged headphones, seems goes something wrong. Now i can hear sonud only from plugged headphones. How to repair this problem?

clayer---01, Apr 19, 2019
Thema:

My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones.

1. My laptop's microphone doesn't work when I plug in my headphones. - Similar Threads - laptop's microphone doesn't

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  6. Headphones doesn't work when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones doesn't work when plugged in: Headphones doesn't work when plugged in. Need to insert the headphones when the laptop is off and then need start it. This detects the headphones. It is not possible to reboot the system whenever there is a need of a headphone....
  7. My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic: Hello Microsoft Community,I really hope you can help me with this since I have been trying to figure it out for hours.The Problem: I have a headphone with no mic that I plug into the jack of my laptop. When I do this, my laptop keeps the output and input as Realtek Audio. In...
  8. Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in

Laptop microphone doesn't work when headphones with no microphone is plugged in: It used to work but then I accidentally deleted Realtek HD Audio because when I try and open this programme, it tells me it doesn't exist and directs me to the Microsoft Store. I would then download it because I am prompted to do this but it still doesn't work so I ended up...
  9. What does my microphone not work when my headphones are plugged in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does my microphone not work when my headphones are plugged in?: I checked and my laptops microphone is still selected. I also used the troubleshooter and it didnt find anything. submitted by /u/ObberGobb [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf4k92/what_does_my_microphone_not_work_when_my/
  10. Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in

Microphone doesn't work when the headphones are plugged in: When my headphones are not plugged in, my microphone works. I guess this must be related to an option windows asked me about preference after updating my driver, but i cant find anywhere how i can revert that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop mic doesnt work when i plug in headphones