Windows 10: My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?

Discus and support My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I don't know why, but my laptop's Radeon driver says it needs to update despite me already having the latest version... Also, when I tried to update it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by corewill2003, Jan 28, 2019.

1. My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?

I don't know why, but my laptop's Radeon driver says it needs to update despite me already having the latest version... Also, when I tried to update it the program just freezes and crashes. I have a picture of what it does here. I want to know what this is caused by and what I can do about it, the taskbar notification that I need to update my drivers is getting annoying, considering I have the latest version!

My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver? index.png
    My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver? [​IMG]

corewill2003, Jan 28, 2019

2. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 28, 2019
  4. kanade Win User

My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?

Driver update: Auto-detect.exe keeps telling me to download the latest driver

Hello, I'm having a minor issue for updating my Catalyst driver to the latest.

For some odd reason, after I downloaded and installed the latest version of Catalyst (13.4) when I run the auto-detect executable instead of displaying that my driver is up to date, it says the latest driver is available (13-4_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql) with the download button not greyed out.
    As a result, I downloaded/updated again and when I checked for the 2nd time it still says that there is latest driver available for download. So I downloaded it manually from AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops and upgraded the driver though it still says the same thing.

There wasn't any changes for the versions itself:

My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver? wL5cN3n.png

Is this some kind of bug? Did I updated to the latest version?

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

kanade, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?

1. My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver? - Similar Threads - laptop's Radeon driver

2. Games are crashing to "outdated drivers" despite having latest drivers installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are crashing to "outdated drivers" despite having latest drivers installed.: For about a year now my PC has been crashing due to "outdated drivers" on games like spider-man and red dead redemption 2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers countless times and have updated to windows 11. I recently upgraded by GPU from a 1660 ti to 3060 in hopes...
  3. Games are crashing to "outdated drivers" despite having latest drivers installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games are crashing to "outdated drivers" despite having latest drivers installed.: For about a year now my PC has been crashing due to "outdated drivers" on games like spider-man and red dead redemption 2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers countless times and have updated to windows 11. I recently upgraded by GPU from a 1660 ti to 3060 in hopes...
  4. Problem with Latest Radeon™ R2 Graphics Drivers Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Latest Radeon™ R2 Graphics Drivers Update: Hello everyone, I'm facing graphics driver issues with one of my laptop. It has AMD E2-7110 with Radeon™ R2 Graphics Drivers. The latest version is Adrenalin 21.5.2. If I update to the latest version it's showing error on apps like OBS studio, Shotcut Video Editor etc. I...
  5. Radeon Software incompatible with laptop drivers

Radeon Software incompatible with laptop drivers: I originally posted this on the AMD Forums but was told that I would get a better answer here. Currently, every week, sometimes twice a week, AMD Software will become out of date all of a sudden due to what I believe is a background windows update, and I will end up having to...
  6. Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver

Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver: I am currently having an issue with my AMD driver, and I regret what I have done to it. Recently, I have tried to install an update to my driver manually, my driver is an AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series driver. After I installed it tho, a continuous problem started to occur....
  7. does my acer laptop need AMD Radeon software and drivers

does my acer laptop need AMD Radeon software and drivers: i recently recently received a message that i needed to update my Radeon software, do i need this stuff? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-acer-laptop-need-amd-radeon-software-and/7c2611cd-e9db-4aeb-b5b2-5619d328f63a
  8. Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound driver keep updating despite having driver updates disabled from Group Policy: I have enabled 'Do not include drivers with Windows Update', also automatic device installation is disabled. I'm on a metered connection but the sound driver keeps downloading every time. I also don't have any assistant crap that came with the laptop. I used Driver Store...
  9. Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 version 1903 update fail despite having the latest Intel RST drivers: I have updated my Intel RST drivers to the latest version (17.5.1.1021) but windows update still keeps preventing the win 10 feature 1903 update from progressing raising the Intel RST issue. How can I resolve this?...
  10. Intel driver update keeps saying graphics driver update avalable

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel driver update keeps saying graphics driver update avalable: Intel Driver updater found new driver today, 5058. It installed no problem, logged in reliability checker and version updated in Intel Control Panel. But the updater keeps saying new driver available, but even its saying current version 5058 and update is, again, 5058. Am I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovov laptop keeps telling me new driver for radeon