Windows 10: My laptops screen turns black after unplugging from charging.

Discus and support My laptops screen turns black after unplugging from charging. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey. My laptops screen turns black after unplugging from charging. I have tried many things like updating drivers and messing with battery and display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattCoast, Sep 8, 2020.

1. MattCoast Win User

My laptops screen turns black after unplugging from charging.

Hey.
    I have tried many things like updating drivers and messing with battery and display settings, but nothing works.

The weird thing is. Display works when it's plugged in and It is charging. Only thing that happenes is screen goes black when unplugging it from AC adapter. External displays works when unplugged. Only the main laptops screen doesn't work.

How can I solve this issue?

:)

MattCoast, Sep 8, 2020

2. Asus laptop screen turns off when unplugged - new battery

I have a Asus R554L laptop. The battery was just about dead so I replaced it with a new one. With the new battery, I can see it charging and I it is working. But as soon as I unplug the power cord, my screen will immediately turn off and go black. The computer does not turn off and the keyboard still works while unplugged. When I plug the power cord back in, the screen comes back on. Computer doesn't turn off while unplugged and battery doesn't lose much battery power, but I can't get the screen to turn on. I've checked the battery settings and even tried to set the screen to never turn off on battery. Any ideas? This is Windows 10. And the problem only started when I replaced the battery. Thank you.

A Piscitella, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Virus-j Win User
    Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Sep 8, 2020
  4. dovahkiin Win User

Asus N61JQ laptop screen turns off upon unplugging power cord

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on my ASUS N61JQ laptop. Immediately upon unplugging the power cord, the screen on the laptop turns off. Battery is at 100% charge. With a second monitor attached, the second monitor is unaffected and stays on. Power plan settings say: On battery power, turn off after 10 minutes. I've tried setting this to Never, but it makes no difference. When I say the screen "turns off," I don't mean that it's a blank screen with some backlight. I mean the screen looks the same as if I totally shut down the system and turn everything off.

Also, ever since upgrading to Windows 10, I can no longer change the brightness on the display. Sliding the brightness bar down from 100% changes nothing, until it gets to around 60%, at which point the laptop display turns off completely, just like it does when I unplug the power cord. Putting the power cord back in or sliding the brightness bar back above ~60%, as the case may be, causes the display to immediately turn back on.

Neither of these things was ever an issue for my laptop with Windows 7 installed. The video card is an ATI Radeon HD 5730. Until this evening, I had the most recent video drivers installed. Through Control Panel, I went to the properties of the video card and told Windows to look for new drivers. It found them automatically and installed them. No change to black screen problem.

Any ideas or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated

dovahkiin, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. My laptops screen turns black after unplugging from charging. - Similar Threads - laptops screen turns

2. Lag when unplug laptop from charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when unplug laptop from charge: So when my laptop is charge and when I am in a middle of game, I unplug it then it lags for a second and I get some fps drops for a second then goes back to normal....
  3. Lag when unplug laptop from charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when unplug laptop from charge: So when my laptop is charge and when I am in a middle of game, I unplug it then it lags for a second and I get some fps drops for a second then goes back to normal....
  4. Black screen after turning the laptop on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning the laptop on: Hi, i was just cleaning my dirty laptop fans, everything seemed fine, even checked if its working by turning on the laptop before puting the back cover on, turned laptop off again and puted on the back cover. When I turned the laptop on after 10mins its only showing black...
  5. Black screen after turning the laptop on

Black screen after turning the laptop on: Hi, i was just cleaning my dirty laptop fans, everything seemed fine, even checked if its working by turning on the laptop before puting the back cover on, turned laptop off again and puted on the back cover. When I turned the laptop on after 10mins its only showing black...
  6. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  7. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  8. Black screen after turning on my laptop

9. Black screen after turning the laptop on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after turning the laptop on.: So i used my laptop normally and i closed it and it went into sleep mode.After that it randomly turned on and i opened it and saw the screen is black and i closed it again and it turned off.Now when i try to turn it on its just a black screen the fans are on and everything...
  10. Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop screen black after turning on from Sleep: Whenever I wake up my laptop from going into sleep mode, the screen just stays black. The fans turn on when I press the enter button to wake it, but the screen still stays black. Then I have to hold down the power button to force power it off, then turn it back on again....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Asus laptop screen black when plugged in charger

2. my laptop go black screen when unpkug plug charger