Windows 10: My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10

Discus and support My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I watch a video or play music, my laptop will not play sound, until i plug in headphones or speakers ect.. I have followed tips and all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by x.lili_bun.x, Feb 23, 2019.

1. My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10

Every time I watch a video or play music, my laptop will not play sound, until i plug in headphones or speakers ect.. I have followed tips and all of the ones I have found haven't worked. Suggestions?

thanks, My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10 :)

:)

x.lili_bun.x, Feb 23, 2019
  2. txstoby Win User

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in.

txstoby, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 headphones and speakers bug

I have a Dell G7 laptop. Here's the problem:

1. I plug in my headphones/earphones to the headphone jack. Works just fine.
    2. I keep the headphones plugged in, and then turn off my PC.
    3. I then unplug the headphones, and turn the PC on again.
    4. The computer thinks the headphones are still plugged in and the speakers don't work.
    I have to plug and unplug the headphones again while the PC is on, for the speakers to work. Is this a bug? How do I fix this?

the_bigfoot, Feb 23, 2019
  4. My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10

Speakers don't work but headphones work

I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only the speakers are listed even when headphone are plugged in.

FourFeatures, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10

1. My laptop's speakers won't work without headphones plugged in- Windows 10 - Similar Threads - laptop's speakers won't

2. My speakers and plug in headphones dont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My speakers and plug in headphones dont work: i was updating my drivers and at some point it deactivated my sound now i cant hear anything with out bluetooth headphones on i have added a photo of what my sound icon looks like hope you van help me fix this....
  3. My speakers and plug in headphones dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My speakers and plug in headphones dont work: i was updating my drivers and at some point it deactivated my sound now i cant hear anything with out bluetooth headphones on i have added a photo of what my sound icon looks like hope you van help me fix this....
  4. Laptop won't work without the charger plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't work without the charger plugged in: I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Latitude 5580. It will not boot up or work at all without the charger plugged in. I looked in the Bios and it recognized the charger wattage and battery health was excellent. I've tried opening a command prompt and typing powercfg...
  5. Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!: Hello,Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11. And now when I unplug my headphones, it is showing 'no output devices found', but when i plug-in, my headphones audio is working. Few days before it was working fine but now i'm facing this problem. Plz help....
  6. Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers not working without plugging-in the headphones!: Hello,Recently I upgraded my laptop to windows 11. And now when I unplug my headphones, it is showing 'no output devices found', but when i plug-in, my headphones audio is working. Few days before it was working fine but now i'm facing this problem. Plz help....
  7. My headphone speakers won't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headphone speakers won't work.: I plugged in my headphones and it asked what type of device I plugged in and out of curiosity I selected plug in mic. Now my headphones don't work. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in again which normally makes it ask but it didn't. I can't find my headphones in device...
  8. No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speakers or headphones are plugged in Windows 10: Hello, bit of a noob but my laptop (HP probook 450 G3) is no longer allowing me to play sound through my headphones. The headphones do work (tried on a different PC) and the same problem occurred on my laptop with different headphones. I have tried going to Device manager...
  9. Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Not Working, 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in': The sound is not working and it does not even register my laptops speakers as existing, there is a red x on the volume icon on the bottom of my page. The sound does however playback when I connect a Bluetooth device and it plays back on the device just fine. When I disconnect...
  10. Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speakers will not work unless headphones are plugged in.: I use a little RCA W1013DK for my college studies. Earlier on today for some odd reason my internal speakers stopped working. So after hours of checking privacy options, resetting services, going through trouble shoots, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. I plugged my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my headphones are plugged in but wont work