Windows 10: My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager

Discus and support My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having a problem with my laptop's built-in webcam not being detected at all for awhile now. I have looked at many Youtube tutorials on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joshua Howell, Apr 30, 2020.

1. My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager

I have been having a problem with my laptop's built-in webcam not being detected at all for awhile now. I have looked at many Youtube tutorials on this issue and so far none have worked. My laptop's webcam is an HP TrueVision HD Webcam. There is no updated driver available for my webcam. I have tried to update my laptop's BIOS and that didn't work. I have tried to do a System Restore and that also didn't work. I have tried the Add legacy hardware option on the Device Manager and nothing shows up on the camera option. I don't know where the Driver Disk would be for my webcam.

:)

Joshua Howell, Apr 30, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Apr 30, 2020
  3. beau Win User
    Can't Find WebCam Device in Device Manager

In Win7 I'd do Device Manager > Imaging Devices > USB 2.0 PC Camera to find my USB WebCam and activate it and de-activate the monitor's built-in camera.

But in Win10 Device Manager has no listing for Imaging Devices.

My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager [​IMG]

Where in Win10 can I enable and disable webcams?

4. Ma. Lau Win User

My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager

no webcam listed in device manager

You can run the Hardware troubleshooter. This will help us diagnose and might run a resolution to your webcam driver.

• Press Windows key+X and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshoot in the Search Control Panel box.
    • Click Troubleshooting and then select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the onscreen instruction to troubleshoot the issue.
    If the issue still persists and unable to find the driver of your webcam on Device Manager you can contact the manufacturer for better assistance.

Ma. Lau, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager

1. My Laptop's Webcam is not Listed in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Laptop's Webcam Listed

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Device manager there is no list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager there is no list: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-manager-there-is-no-list/23840481-62bc-4af9-b442-b79c6e850882
  6. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  7. Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager

Webcam - Imaging device not listed in Device Manager: I have tried repeatedly but unsuccessfully to get the webcam to work. I have been advised to go to device manager and click on camera or imaging device. But neither camera nor imaging device are listed in the device manager. I likewise tried other routes-device...
  8. WEBCAM NOT LISTED ON DEVICE LIST

WEBCAM NOT LISTED ON DEVICE LIST: I am having a problem accessing webcam on my dell EPS laptop. I have tried all given advice, tried all the actions or offered information on how to solve it but nothing works. Webcam not listed, neither are imaging devices listed on device manager. I did a search and checked...
  9. My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,

My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager,: My integrated webcam is not listed in Device Manager, is not operating onDell Inspiron R 53537. How do I reinstall Integrated Webcam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-integrated-webcam-is-not-listed-in-device/d9feb144-2ef4-4173-b395-bdccfd009366
  10. Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10

Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10: HI there, I have an HP Envy with Windows 10 and can't seem to get my webcam / camera to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list. Thanks for the help. JP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usbvideo.inf_amd64_06d8dbf36a7321ac

2. camera not showing in device manager

3. built in camera not showing in device manager

4. dell laptop windows 10 not showing built in camera in device manager,
  5. add hp camera in device manager