Windows 10: My laptop's webcam is not working.

Discus and support My laptop's webcam is not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I open the camera app it says that we can't find your camera. in other apps Zoom meetings it also shows the same message [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sujay_isarani, Aug 25, 2020.

1. My laptop's webcam is not working.

When I open the camera app it says that we can't find your camera. in other apps Zoom meetings it also shows the same message

My laptop's webcam is not working. 3cb3b4aa-9b1f-4843-806a-a73a26dae343?upload=true.png

:)

sujay_isarani, Aug 25, 2020

2. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Aug 26, 2020
  3. WiIfred P Win User
    install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

My laptop's webcam is not working.

Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

My laptop's webcam is not working.

1. My laptop's webcam is not working. - Similar Threads - laptop's webcam working

2. My webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My webcam is not working: My new laptop has a webcam built in. But it won't work when I try to use it the camera shows a camera icon with slash at the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-is-not-working/ae5330e1-8f82-4eec-a236-fc368ed5fdae
  3. My webcam is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My webcam is not working: My new laptop has a webcam built in. But it won't work when I try to use it the camera shows a camera icon with slash at the middle. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-is-not-working/ae5330e1-8f82-4eec-a236-fc368ed5fdae
  4. My webcam is not working

My webcam is not working: my Lenovo laptop webcam is not working, when I try to open an app like zoom or Google meet it will just show a slashed camera icon with grey background. What I need to do to fix this?...
  5. My webcam is not working

My webcam is not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop and the camera built on the laptop is not working. It will only show a camera icon with a slash at the middle. What can I do to make it work?...
  6. My webcam is not working

My webcam is not working: Hello, I have a Lenovo laptop and the camera built on the laptop is not working. It will only show a camera icon with a slash at the middle. What can I do to make it work?...
  7. my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop

my webcam does not work on my laptop it a lenevo laptop: Hello guys i have been trying to get my webcam to work but it not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-webcam-does-not-work-on-my-laptop-it-a-lenevo/ffd6a7f2-e815-4fb6-b7c6-886696288982
  8. fixedMy laptop's webcam is not working.

fixedMy laptop's webcam is not working.: When I open the camera app it says that we can't find your camera. in other apps Zoom meetings it also shows the same message [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fixedmy-laptops-webcam-is-not-working/a64ad1a0-aa27-4937-8a7b-20f458e6e79a
  9. Laptop Webcam not Working

Laptop Webcam not Working: the webcam on my HP laptop is not working. Driver says the device is working but neither the Windows Camera App nor the Zoom app show anything on the screen. Windows Defender Virus and Threat settings allow access to the device....
  10. ASUS Laptop webcam will not work

ASUS Laptop webcam will not work: Hi all, I have an ASUS Vivobook laptop running Windows 10 OS Build 18363 752. It has a webcam built-in, but whenever I try to use it with any app I get this image below. I have enabled privacy for all apps including Camera in the Privacy settings on Windows. I have updated...