Windows 10: My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11

Discus and support My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop doesn't connect to the wifi within a 2 meter radius of the router or wifibooster. The download/upload speed also declines when i'm on the far... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ruben Ytsma, Jun 23, 2024.

1. My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11

My laptop doesn't connect to the wifi within a 2 meter radius of the router or wifibooster. The download/upload speed also declines when i'm on the far end of the 2 meter radius. The wifi works well on my other devices. The laptop is a Gigabyte G5 KE-72EE213SH RTX 3060. Does anyone know how i can fix this? I already tried the basic network adapter reboot and troubleshooter. I haven't tried a full reset, since i'd lose a lot of data.

:)

Ruben Ytsma, Jun 23, 2024
  2. sammy Win User

Suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range

Hi Guys,

Would you please suggest Portable small WiFi Storage device with Maximum WiFi range ?

The smallest I know is this

My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11 sandisk-wifi-pendrive-jpg.jpg

Is there anything better than this which has maximum Wifi range? For example can it play movie from 30 meter distance ? From other room ?

Thanks.

sammy, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Belkin Debuts New Mini WiFi Range Extender

Belkin has today introduced a new WiFi Range Extender to help consumers achieve whole home WIFI coverage. The new WiFi Range Extender's compact form means it can be discreetly plugged into any wall socket, to maximise WiFI coverage and allow consumers to use their mobile devices anywhere in the home.

Belkin's WiFI Range Extender has been designed with a smaller form factor to plug directly into an electrical outlet without blocking the second socket, and despite its compact size can significantly increase the WiFi range of your router. Belkin's new WiFi Range Extender includes Simple Start Installation and is compatible with virtually any Wi-Fi router. It can be installed using a tablet or smartphone, as well as a PC or laptop. Just plug it in, find the home network, and enjoy greater wireless in minutes.

My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11 Belkin_F9K1015_01_thm.jpg

The new WiFi Range Extender's single SSID makes installation and set-up even easier. The Range Extender uses the same user name and password as the router, and will automatically connect to the strongest WiFi signal it finds. This ensures all the WiFi enabled home devices will automatically be able to connect after the initial set up, without the user having to set devices up individually.

"Having WiFi is seen as a commodity today but achieving whole home coverage is still a challenge for many consumers," said Bart Bomers, director of Networking, Belkin EMEA. "With people using more devices throughout the home this is becoming an important challenge to address. With our new WiFi Range Extender, we offer people a smart solution that can be installed in minutes and extends WiFi range and eliminates dead spots in the home."

The new Belkin Wi-Fi Range Extender comes in a white ultra slim design that fits neatly into a wall outlet, and in most of the cases leaves enough space for other devices to be connected in the other socket. It is compatible with routers from any manufacturer, using standardized Wireless N technology.

WiFi range extender (F9K1015) - £ 29.99 / € 34.99
    • Smaller form factor fits discreetly to your wall socket without blocking other outlets
    • Simple Start Installation - Browser-based setup from a smartphone or tablet
    • Single SSID
    • Single band N300 (2,4 GHz)
    • WPS - WiFi Protected Setup

Cristian_25H, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Try3 Win User

My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11

WiFi not automatically disconnecting when out of range

Gunnart,

I had a similar refusal to disconnect from a WiFi profile and I solved it.
    - In my particular case, the unwanted network was still in range so I cannot say for certain that my symptoms were exactly the same as yours but they were certainly consistent with yours.
    - The solution is not a destructive one so I do suggest you try it.

1 I turned WiFi off then repeated the fairly standard step of removing existing WiFi profiles - Settings, Networks, WiFi, Manage known networks, <select each one in turn>, Forget. Arguably, I could have just done this for the problem network but I was probably not thinking straight at the time.

2 I then opened RegEdit, went to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
    and deleted every subkey that referred to a WiFi network profile. Again, arguably, I could just have deleted all those that referred to the problem network.

3 I then turned WiFi back on and started from scratch detecting then connecting to the networks I wanted to use. There has been no repetition of the problem.

Some further commentary
    A I had changed my internet connection device but had re-used the same network name on the new one.
    B There were no strange entries in the list in Settings [step 1 above] & I quite wrongly thought that forgetting them represented a complete clearout.
    C When I looked the Registry key [my step 2 above], I found that there were two subkeys with the relevant network name in the Description line.
    - In one case, the same network name was repeated in the ProfileName line
    - But the other entry contained a Profilename entry that had the expected network name with a suffix [2] after it.
    - So my re-use of the name had been identified by Windows after all [I had just been trying to reduce the number of changes I had to work through when I swapped devices and had not thought there could be side-effects].

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11

1. My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11 - Similar Threads - laptop's wifi range

2. My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop's wifi range is significantly lower than my other devices Windows 11: My laptop doesn't connect to the wifi within a 2 meter radius of the router or wifibooster. The download/upload speed also declines when i'm on the far end of the 2 meter radius. The wifi works well on my other devices. The laptop is a Gigabyte G5 KE-72EE213SH RTX 3060. Does...
  3. My download speed is significantly slower on my laptop compared to other devices in my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My download speed is significantly slower on my laptop compared to other devices in my...: Today, i tried to download Fallout 4 on both my laptop and on my brother's Xbox. Both devices are connected to the same network the Xbox on WiFi and my laptop on ethernet however on my laptop i am averaging a download speed of ~ 3.5mbps and on my brother's xbox 30-35mbps. I...
  4. My download speed is significantly slower on my laptop compared to other devices in my...

My download speed is significantly slower on my laptop compared to other devices in my...: Today, i tried to download Fallout 4 on both my laptop and on my brother's Xbox. Both devices are connected to the same network the Xbox on WiFi and my laptop on ethernet however on my laptop i am averaging a download speed of ~ 3.5mbps and on my brother's xbox 30-35mbps. I...
  5. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  6. WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.

WiFi on my computer is significantly slower than it is on other devices.: I recently got a new WiFi subscription which is advertised as 1200 Megabits/second. On most devices I get at least 500-600, but on my PC I can't seem to get more than 40-50. This only counts for my download speeds, as my upload speeds are the same if not higher on my PC. I...
  7. Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10

Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my system has slowed down.Start up has slowed down.Shut down has slowed down.Every activity when using the laptop has slowed down.Surely this cannot be right?...
  8. Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 is significantly slower than Windows 10: Since upgrading to Windows 11, my system has slowed down.Start up has slowed down.Shut down has slowed down.Every activity when using the laptop has slowed down.Surely this cannot be right?...
  9. Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download & Upload speeds significantly slower on PC than other devices.: Hey. I get around 500mbps download and 115 upload on my other devices phone & laptop, however my computer gets significantly lower speeds. [ATTACH] I bought a new wifi card...
  10. lower wifi speed in my windows laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lower wifi speed in my windows laptop: I am getting 25 mbps speed and sometimes very less on my laptop but on the same router I am getting a full of 55-60 mbps speed on my mobile at the same distance. what could be the possible fix? some extra details 1.wifi plan: 60mbbs 2.router :...