Windows 10: My last issues after going from 7 to 10

Discus and support My last issues after going from 7 to 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to 10 and have had a slew of issues to sort out, but the last ones left stop me from leaving 7 altogether. My OS will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by foxhound525, Feb 15, 2020.

1. My last issues after going from 7 to 10

I recently upgraded to 10 and have had a slew of issues to sort out, but the last ones left stop me from leaving 7 altogether.

My OS will occasionally freeze for a good minute, and this never happened back on 7 on the same hardware.

- AMD FX 8370

- Nvidia GTX 1060

- 16 GB DDR3 RAM

- 1TB SSD and a few other storage mechanical drives

I also get a weird issue when using Tridef 3D where it will launch the game in 3D SBS, but then it will continually open browser tabs going to 'error/' and you can't stop it until you close steam. Another issue not present on win7. As it's my preferred way to play and the company is gone, I wonder if microsoft would know how to stop the new tab spam?

:)

foxhound525, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Can't Go Back to Windows 7.

Hi Adam,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have issues with sound after upgrading to Windows 10 and also you are unable to revert back to Windows 7.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Corrupt Sound driver.

• Corrupt System files.
    Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

To resolve the issue with sound on Windows 10, I suggest you to try these steps:

Step 1:

I see that there are no Windows 10 drivers for your computer model in the manufacturer website. However you may try to install the latest audio driver in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5056952&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4051

To install the audio
    driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Download the latest audio driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Step 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

However if you still wish to revert back to Windows 7, I suggest you to refer the section
    Go back to your previous version of Windows from the following article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 15, 2020
  4. KIM
    kim Win User

My last issues after going from 7 to 10

Windows to go boot issues

It's easy to miss some steps when creating the windows to go drive manually. I suggest you using the freeware ISO2Disc or Rufus. Both of them support creating windows to go usb directly from Windows 8 ISO file.

Thema:

My last issues after going from 7 to 10

1. My last issues after going from 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - last issues going

2. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  3. Issues after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues after last update: Hi As written in the title I have some issues with this update.When I right click on the desktop it only shows part of the right click option context like so:Naturally when I delete the update it goes back to normal, but I don't want to delete every update that cause this...
  4. going from windows 10 to 7

going from windows 10 to 7: Ive got Rufus, a windows 7 ultimate iso and a bootable usb, yet "the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified" i dont want to hear anything about end of life support for 7 I just want it to download on my laptop any help would be appreciated...
  5. going from windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    going from windows 10 to 7: Ive got Rufus, a windows 7 ultimate iso and a bootable usb, yet "the digital signature for this file couldnt be verified" i dont want to hear anything about end of life support for 7 I just want it to download on my laptop any help would be appreciated...
  6. going from windows 10 to 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unprading issues from 7 to 10

Unprading issues from 7 to 10: Hi all, Im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 to windows 10 home edition.I have just purchased a digital product key and have this but the issue im having is when I try to use the windows installation media tool it keeps failing to run and throws up the error code...
  8. Unprading issues from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unprading issues from 7 to 10: Hi all, Im trying to upgrade my pc from windows 7 to windows 10 home edition.I have just purchased a digital product key and have this but the issue im having is when I try to use the windows installation media tool it keeps failing to run and throws up the error code...
  9. Unprading issues from 7 to 10

10. Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7

Windows 10 issues after upgrading from Windows 7: One week ago I installed Windows 10 on my computer. I was upgrading from Windows 7. Not sure what happened but it is not working properly. I had a glitch during installation and think that may be the cause. Can I just revert back to Windows 7 and then install Windows 10...