Windows 10: My last update yesterday has screwed up my PC's appearance, text size, the entire look.

Discus and support My last update yesterday has screwed up my PC's appearance, text size, the entire look. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC's updated overnight yesterday (12/15) and updates were automatically installed. When I logged in out of sleep, the entire picture was changed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jyeary3, Dec 16, 2018.

1. jyeary3 Win User

My last update yesterday has screwed up my PC's appearance, text size, the entire look.

My PC's updated overnight yesterday (12/15) and updates were automatically installed. When I logged in out of sleep, the entire picture was changed, text size, shapes, everything. My icons in the taskbar are so small I can hardly tell what they are. I need to go back or fix what happen so I can read what I want to do. Even my email message texts are screwed up.

Sure hope someone can fix this mess and how do I stop it from happening again?

Jim3 in Spring

:)

jyeary3, Dec 16, 2018
  2. jyeary3 Win User

My last update yesterday has screwed up my PC's appearance, text size, the entire look.

My PC's updated overnight yesterday (12/15) and updates were automatically installed. When I logged in out of sleep, the entire picture was changed, text size, shapes, everything. My icons in the taskbar are so small I can hardly tell what they are. I
    need to go back or fix what happen so I can read what I want to do. Even my email message texts are screwed up.

Sure hope someone can fix this mess and how do I stop it from happening again?

Jim3 in Spring

jyeary3, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Icon & text size

To resolve your concern, we’d recommend that you follow the steps provided on how to change the font size. Here’s how to do it:

• Right-click on desktop and select Display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Under Change only the text size. Select the item you want to change in the drop-down list and choose the text size.
    • Click on Apply.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. My last update yesterday has screwed up my PC's appearance, text size, the entire look. - Similar Threads - last update yesterday

2. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  3. Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Last Cumulative Update Screwed Up My User Account: My PC did a Windows 11 Cumulative Update overnight and created a temp user account. I can see the user account and my files in Explorer at C:\Users\erizz but I cannot log out of the TEMP account. There are no options to change accounts in Windows....
  4. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  5. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update has screwed up my computer: The latest Windows Update kicked off yesterday evening. Now my computer will not boot. I don't think that the update ever even completed, but it is also in a position where it won't back out any changes either. All I see is that little circle of dots indicating that something...
  6. Windows Update has screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. [Help] Why my text looks like this? Looks weird since yesterday

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] Why my text looks like this? Looks weird since yesterday: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ATeemee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv1e9r/help_why_my_text_looks_like_this_looks_weird/
  8. Windows update last night screwed up my laptop

Windows update last night screwed up my laptop: Well, last night my Acer Nitro was automatically updated windows. I'm in an endless cycle of something went wrong and repairs fail. My only options seem to be reset and keep files or reset to factory settings. WTH?? I cannot get to anything but this blue screen. I just...
  9. Windows update screwed up my PC

Windows update screwed up my PC: I allowed a update and now my laptop is a paper weight. I get an error popup window that says the desktop file is missing. Can not find that file on other laptops and none of the apps are visible. The windows icon does not do anything except change color when curser is over...
  10. Windows "creators" Update has really screwed much of my PC up.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows "creators" Update has really screwed much of my PC up.: i found i had this update unwillingly thrust upon me, and it pretty much screwed with many of my settings, and all that cortana rubbish that i have never needed, and so on, BUT it gets worse... being creative, i have VERY large music, video, and phto folders which have...