Windows 10: my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck

Discus and support my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I do not know if this is considered a problem to be posted here, but today my left control key came loose. I put it back on, but do you know the thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jae Ra, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Jae Ra Win User

my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck

I do not know if this is considered a problem to be posted here, but today my left control key came loose. I put it back on, but do you know the thing where if you push a key and it goes down? my key was still stuck down and wouldn't bounce when clicked. I tried looking at other keys and it would work perfectly, but my left control key just wouldn't bounce anymore. I mainly use my laptop for gaming, so this really annoys me. It's just eternally pushed down...

:)

Jae Ra, Aug 13, 2022
  2. notlodi Win User

CTRL KEY STUCK

Recently my notebook have encountered a problem, every time i want to use it ctrl key is stuck. I have tried all of this solution but doesn't work :

1. pressing ctrl+shift for 15 seconds

2. pressing left and right ctrl for 5 seconds

3. double press left and right ctrl

4. disabling sticky keys, can't find keyboard option in ease of acces

5. reinstalling ps2 keyboard

can't somebody tell me what the flip is going on?

This problem start when i start using my notebook again after a week or more. Last time i use it nothing's wrong

notlodi, Aug 13, 2022
  3. RiPedro Win User
    Keyboard acts like i'm holding down CTRL key!

Sorry, I did not miss it, the suggestions of Rusky where

"Generic fix for this generic issue: press stuck key or Ctrl+Alt+Del, Esc.

Symptoms: This issue is not limited to Ctrl, but can occur with any other modifier key (Shift, Alt, Win).

Recovery: Most of the time, Ctrl+Alt+Del re-sets key status to normal if this is happening. (Then press Esc to exit system screen.)

Another method: You can also press stuck key: so if you clearly see that it is Ctrl which got stuck, press and release both left and right Ctrl. This allows system to see key press and release events (again) and thus detect correct status of these
    keys
    ."

Different than yours

"To fix the problem press these six keys one after the other:

Left Shift, Ctrl, Alt, Right Shift, Ctrl, Alt"

Which has not solved this annoying problem

So far I have not used Rusky suggestion, it skipped to me yesterday, when I had another Ctrl Lock again...

RiPedro, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

1. my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck - Similar Threads - left ctrl key

2. left Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left Ctrl key not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc. with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  3. Malfunctioning left Ctrl key

Malfunctioning left Ctrl key: I want to use my Ctrl key to process and do shortcuts when making a project. However, my left Ctrl key is giving me a problem, when I press it, it will minimize all the programs and open Cortana. Please help....
  4. Malfunctioning left Ctrl key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Malfunctioning left Ctrl key: I want to use my Ctrl key to process and do shortcuts when making a project. However, my left Ctrl key is giving me a problem, when I press it, it will minimize all the programs and open Cortana. Please help....
  5. my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck: I do not know if this is considered a problem to be posted here, but today my left control key came loose. I put it back on, but do you know the thing where if you push a key and it goes down? my key was still stuck down and wouldn't bounce when clicked. I tried looking at...
  6. my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck

my left ctrl key came loose, and now it won't bounce and is stuck: I do not know if this is considered a problem to be posted here, but today my left control key came loose. I put it back on, but do you know the thing where if you push a key and it goes down? my key was still stuck down and wouldn't bounce when clicked. I tried looking at...
  7. left ctrl key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  8. left ctrl key

left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  9. left ctrl key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Left ctrl key malfunctioning

Left ctrl key malfunctioning: A few days ago my left ctrl key started malfunctioning. Whenever I press it, it gives me = instead of the function of ctrl. The right one still works as intended. The issue is with the built-in keyboard, and it started out of the blue the day they asked me to upgrade to...