Windows 10: My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys

Discus and support My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello fellow members, so I recently bought a new keyboard because I got a gaming PC, and probably 2 weeks into using this keyboard, during gameplay.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicholas Bocek, Aug 4, 2018.

1. My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys

Hello fellow members, so I recently bought a new keyboard because I got a gaming PC, and probably 2 weeks into using this keyboard, during gameplay. the left ctrl key for some reason stopped working, and all of a sudden both ctrl keys were being pressed at the same time (and it didn't stop), I don't know what happened but that problem is gone, but the left ctrl key is still not working, and I found out that the right ctrl is simultaneously the left ctrl key, I don't get it, please help me if you can people, thank you so much.

:)

Nicholas Bocek, Aug 4, 2018

2. Left CTRL key only works together with the left SHIFT key

Hello,

Starting from today while I was using FL Studio to copy some musical notes I noticed Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V weren't working

I've opened the on-screen keyboard in order to check if the left CTRL key was working and pressing it alone doesn't show any input.

But. when I tried to first press the left SHIFT key holding it and then pressing the left CTRL key together. both keys showed input. (right CTRL key works fine)

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I've already tried to uninstall the keyboard's driver and then restarting the PC but it didn't work.

Best regards,

Me

Cosmin Lucian Iacob, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Windows Key + CTRL + Right Doesn't Work (Desktop Switch)

Hi,

I love the new multiple desktops. However, the desktop switch isn't working for me.

It's an odd bug...

Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Right Arrow Key will not work, but Windows Key + (left) CTRL + Left Arrow Key will work.

Both the left and right arrow keys work when I use the right CTRL key, and the left CTRL key works perfectly fine using an external keyboard.

Any suggestions?

DanielChenery_DM, Aug 4, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys

Ctrl key on German QWERTZ keyboard?

Just tried the STRG key and yes thats the Ctrl key! *Stick Out Tongue My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys :p
    Did not try that before since I was not familiar with these keys.

Thanks!

P4-630, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys

1. My left ctrl key stopped working, and the right ctrl key is pressing both keys - Similar Threads - left ctrl key

2. left Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left Ctrl key not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc. with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  3. left Ctrl key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left Ctrl key not working: I have recently discovered that whenever I try to use keyboard shortcuts i.e. ctrl + C, ctrl + Z, etc. with my LEFT control key, nothing happens. Instead, it will just type the letter I tried to use in the shortcut. So if I try to copy, it will enter a C. This is only...
  4. Both Ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Ctrl keys not working: Both of my Ctrl keys are not working. Any solution? I tried to uninstall driver and restart it doesn't solve the problem. Both of my Ctrl keys are not working so definitely it is not a hardware issue. I guess is some drivers or software problem. I tried Troubleshooter, I...
  5. Both Ctrl keys not working

Both Ctrl keys not working: Both of my Ctrl keys are not working. Any solution? I tried to uninstall driver and restart it doesn't solve the problem. Both of my Ctrl keys are not working so definitely it is not a hardware issue. I guess is some drivers or software problem. I tried Troubleshooter, I...
  6. Both Ctrl keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard: Laptop was just open, left CTRL key was not working, despite that everything was fine a couple hours before.Tried to restart the laptop, to update the keyboard drivers.CTRL key is working on the Ease-Of-Use desktop keyboard - after I saw that, I also tried to use the right...
  8. Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard

Both Left and Right CTRL keys are not working on my laptop keyboard: Laptop was just open, left CTRL key was not working, despite that everything was fine a couple hours before.Tried to restart the laptop, to update the keyboard drivers.CTRL key is working on the Ease-Of-Use desktop keyboard - after I saw that, I also tried to use the right...
  9. left ctrl key

left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  10. Both Ctrl keys randomly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Both Ctrl keys randomly stopped working: I've using a Dell laptop for years and out of nowhere, both Ctrl keys stopped working. Sometimes if I mash it repeatedly, it'll start working for a few uses before failing again. I haven't done anything significant that I feel would cause this, it truly came out of nowhere....