Windows 10: My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Discus and support My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Suddenly, a few hours ago, for some reason my left headphone's volume was lowered. Since I wasn't sure if it was my impression or the headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Selenior, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Selenior Win User

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Suddenly, a few hours ago, for some reason my left headphone's volume was lowered. Since I wasn't sure if it was my impression or the headphone actually not working properly I used a stereo tester: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_stereo.php and, after I used it (actually whenever I used it to reproduce left headphone or right headphone) the volume of the left headphone became the same again. It happened again every 10-15 mins and every time I did the same and it was temporarily solved. I'd like to know if there is a permanent solution to this.

In case it's relevant, it was produced while I was playing a game while watching videos on my other screen.

:)

Selenior, Mar 12, 2019

2. Volumes for headphones and speakers are separate

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the below:

1. Are you changing the volume on headphone or from the sound icon in the taskbar of the system?

2. How are you trying to change the speaker volume?

I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to download and install the latest chipset and Sound drivers from the manufacturer website and install the same.

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Headphone stops working randomly.

Hi,

As per the description, the issue might be caused due to damage in the port. I suggest you to connect another headphone and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with the hardware.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2019
  4. My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

Lower headphone sound, Windows 10

That wouldn't solve the issue of headphones over headsets, but even with my Logitech headset this didn't help. Troubleshooting found no issue.

I've loved Windows, and have no idea why I'm just having this issues with headphones and headsets. It's loud for a second then something lowers the volume and I have no idea whats causing it. :/

Thanks for the suggestion Abdul, even though I'm having the same problem.

JerradMarsan, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume.

1. My left headphone randomly lowers it's volume. - Similar Threads - left headphone randomly

2. Speaker volume randomly lowering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker volume randomly lowering: I have an MSI GE66 Raider laptop with Windows 10 Home, Realtek HD Audio and Nahimic. I purchased it in December and have experienced a strange problem ever since.While using virtually any program with audio Youtube in MS Edge, any game, etc., the speaker volume will...
  3. Volume lowers by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume lowers by itself.: I am using Windows 10 version 1909 Every time I open a program that is using my microphone, be it OBS, a game, or just an app to record audio through it, the volume of everything else get lowered significantly. I tried checking the "Do nothing" option in the...
  4. my laptop volume will get lower and lower after windows update.

my laptop volume will get lower and lower after windows update.: I updated windows 10 and now the sound on my laptop will get quieter and quieter untell you can now here it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-volume-will-get-lower-and-lower-after/2b8f49e5-376e-4b1f-8f4c-25f70d609519
  5. Update: Lower My Volume?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update: Lower My Volume?: Hi! I recently updated my windows 10 and when i was watching my VLC media player the volume decreased quite a lot, when it was still on full volume... it sounds so strange now...? i was wondering if anyone had any advice how to fix it or if its happened to them? I’m...
  6. Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10

Headphones not lowering volume Windows 10: Hi, As of recent I am unable to control the volume of headphones I plug in- they remain at 100% volume no matter where I put the slider. I've tried updating the audio driver, reinstalling the audio driver, disabling audio enhancements, and nothing is working. The external...
  7. Microphone lowering volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  8. The right headphone randomly lowers the volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The right headphone randomly lowers the volume: This issue showed up suddenly while I was listening to the music. I tested it using a stereo tester audiocheck.net and it got better. But unfortunately just for a while, then the volume of the right headphone got lower again...
  9. My left and right sound in headphones will swap randomly on my PC

My left and right sound in headphones will swap randomly on my PC: I would just be playing a game and it would swap left and right on my headphones. If i went onto Sound and Tested the sound it would play the left sound in my right headphone and vice versa. A while later it would sort itself out and switch back. I know I can just "swap your...
  10. Left Arrow Key Lowering Volume

Left Arrow Key Lowering Volume: For the last couple months or so the left arrow key on my external keyboard (corsair k40 connected to a dell inspiron 15 5000 series) has reduced the volume and brings up the right click menu on the last thing clicked. I do not know if this is an intended feature or a bug,...