Windows 10: my left shift key is not working in laptop

Discus and support my left shift key is not working in laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my left shift key is not working in my hp laptop and I tried all the methods that the internet says but when I'm using an external keyboard the shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Azael JhonBelches, Oct 25, 2021.

1. my left shift key is not working in laptop

my left shift key is not working in my hp laptop and I tried all the methods that the internet says but when I'm using an external keyboard the shift is working. Only the left shift key is not working the right shift is working properly

:)

Azael JhonBelches, Oct 25, 2021
  2. the3dxm Win User

Left Shift key malfunctioning

When I bought my Laptop, there was no OS installed, So I installed Windows 10, everything was fine, until I noticed that when I type everything is written in caps, I thought that the Cps lock is on but it was the left shift key that has a problem, it seemed like it is stuck on clicked, but it clicks just fine, I looked it up on the Internet, it is a common problem, so my problem is that the left shift key is not working and it affects the function keys, I open the On Screen keyboard to resolve the problem temporarily, when I restart the computer, it happens again, it is giving me a hard time, the laptop is new, I check the buttons, everything is fine, it is a software problem, I tried turning off sticky keys, its already off, I updated the keyboard drivers, I tried using a cleaner to scan my laptop, but nothing worked. please I need your help, thank you

the3dxm, Oct 25, 2021
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Oct 25, 2021
  4. KatJB Win User

my left shift key is not working in laptop

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

my left shift key is not working in laptop

1. my left shift key is not working in laptop - Similar Threads - left shift key

2. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  3. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  4. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  5. Left shift key not working properly

Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  6. my left shift key is not working in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my left shift key is not working in laptop: my left shift key is not working in my hp laptop and I tried all the methods that the internet says but when I'm using an external keyboard the shift is working. Only the left shift key is not working the right shift is working properly...
  7. my left shift key is not working in laptop

my left shift key is not working in laptop: my left shift key is not working in my hp laptop and I tried all the methods that the internet says but when I'm using an external keyboard the shift is working. Only the left shift key is not working the right shift is working properly...
  8. Left shift + t does not work on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left shift + t does not work on my laptop.: Left shift + t does not work on my laptop.Left shift + all other keys and Right shift + all keys work. there could be a bug in the keyboard driver for my laptop.Lenovo Laptop IdeaPad S145-15ASTSerial number: PF1NWZ0XProduct number: 81N3002EAUBios version: AYCN25WWI have to...
  9. Left Shift + C Key Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Shift + C Key Not Working: Hi and thank you for reading. My Left Shift + C key is not working. When I hold Shift + C key, it's suppose to type 'CCCCC' but it doesn't. I have to press Shift + C key multiple times for the above text to appear. All other letter keys work with the Left Shift key, but for...
  10. Left shift not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...