Windows 10: My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues

Discus and support My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Lenovo Ideapad 330s is having sound issues. The audio is crackling, popping, static. This occurs on every app (Chrome, Spotify, Instagram, Games,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jadenlefranks, Jul 26, 2019.

1. My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues

My Lenovo Ideapad 330s is having sound issues. The audio is crackling, popping, static. This occurs on every app (Chrome, Spotify, Instagram, Games, Netflix) EXCEPT files app, where all of my video files don't have that annoying issue. Also, it happens when I use headphones.

I looked up many many videos, but I don't know what's wrong with it or how to fix it! My computer doesn't have sound enhancements, and I don't know whether or not I should update my sound driver (it's from March 18th 2019, version 10.0.18362.1). Also, I cannot change my default format for the speaker properties.

WHAT DO I DO? Please help me. Thank you so much for reading!

:)

jadenlefranks, Jul 26, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues :p

cadaveca, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Lenovo T61 Windows10 64 - need sound drivers.

Hi Deborah,

We need to do further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. What steps have you tried so far? We also suggest that you visit Lenovo's website and download the sound driver.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues

Sound Issues on Lenovo ThinkPad

Hi Mars, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

It's possible that the sound issue is a hardware fault, but let's just try a couple other things to troubleshoot.

Firstly, I would see if the troubleshooter fixes the issue. Click Start and type "troubleshoot" then select the first result. Scroll down and choose Playing Audio. See if the troubleshooter fixes the issue.

Also, try reinstalling your audio drivers with these steps:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your audio device in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

You might also want to visit the Lenovo website to download the specific sound drivers for your laptop, which may also help.

Lastly, if none of the above works, try booting into Safe Mode to see if your audio works or not.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12376/...

Let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues

1. My Lenovo Laptop is Having Sound Issues - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop Having

2. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop: when updating my display adapter to Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2125 for 7th gen my laptop will be freezing every few sec and if i put it on balanced mode it will crash my laptop idk why so i have to put it on performance mode so it doesn't crash but it will lag alot and...
  3. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop: when updating my display adapter to Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.2125 for 7th gen my laptop will be freezing every few sec and if i put it on balanced mode it will crash my laptop idk why so i have to put it on performance mode so it doesn't crash but it will lag alot and...
  4. i have a heat issue on my lenovo thinkpad laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I have lost sound on my lenovo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost sound on my lenovo: I have lost sound on some video programmes on my Lenovo. Strangely, the video describing how to fix the problem has sound. An instruction video for a product repair I need to do not a laptop repair has no sound, and while watching Escape to the Country on BBC I lost sound. My...
  6. No Sound on Lenovo Laptop

No Sound on Lenovo Laptop: lenovo laptop running windows 10 now has decided to not play any sound and when u dig deeper it says no software found any ideas thanksOriginal Title : lenovo laptop no sound and aparently no software for sound after a year and a half of working fine...
  7. Sound Issues again on Lenovo Laptop (Sound just goes out)

Sound Issues again on Lenovo Laptop (Sound just goes out): Hiya Folks, So I was listening to YouTube this morning on my laptop and the sound just went out. Everywhere. Rebooted, same thing. It briefly came back but then disappeared again. It stinks of a driver issue since I recently did a successful reinstall. As a Mac guy of many...
  8. Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Having Sound Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Having Sound Issues: I got a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 in December, the computer has always been a little quiet, but I figured that might have just been how it is with this device. I was able to handle the audio issues until now, suddenly when playing audios a really awful static noise comes out. It only...
  9. Lenovo Laptop having sound issues when wifi is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Laptop having sound issues when wifi is on: My lenovo s340 has recently started to having popping and crackling sounds coming out of the speakers when playing audio. However, when I turn my wifi off this stops. It also doesn't happen when playing any videos from the files app. It doesn't stop when I put headphones in...
  10. Sound Issues on Lenovo ThinkPad

Sound Issues on Lenovo ThinkPad: Usually with every update Microsoft has us do, for some reason my sound tends to have some issues. I use CCleaner to clean the registry and everything is fine afterward, but it didn't fix the problem. I have tried every 'fix it yourself' trick in the book and online, aside...