Windows 10: My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness

Discus and support My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a lenovo yoga 500. Whenever I am working on it I have to keep it plugged in and the brightness 100% or the screen goes black. F9 only brings it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gunjan202020, Jun 10, 2020.

1. My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness

I have a lenovo yoga 500. Whenever I am working on it I have to keep it plugged in and the brightness 100% or the screen goes black. F9 only brings it back for a few seconds and it goes black again. The laptop doesn't shut down or go to sleep it works as it was, it's just the screen that turns off. Also when I unplug my laptop screen automatically dims a little which may be why the screen goes black. I did the usual checking up on power settings and sleep settings in the Control Panel but nothing has helped yet.

:)

gunjan202020, Jun 10, 2020

2. Laptop Screen Brightness is not the same as Secondary Monitor's brightness

After I installed windows 10, I noticed that the screen brightness on my laptop's screen was dimmer than the brightness of my secondary monitor. Not dim enough to suggest a problem with the lamp, but just dim enough to be annoying, as though it was turned
    down in the settings. I went through and tried to change the screen brightness, but it failed to be effected. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

occultApathetic, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop: everything I have tried does not allow me to dim the over-bright screen using the win 10 customization tools? Most suggestion offer tweaks that might not be reversed?

edwardfinigan, Jun 10, 2020
  4. My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness

Laptop screen brightness stuck at very dim

Hello, my laptop screen brightness is stuck at very dim, even with the system brightness at full. I have checked the power settings and updated all the drivers, however nothing has seemed to work. The laptop is running Windows 8.1 and the laptop is a Lenovo
    ideapad Z500 with an i5-3230M and 4GB RAM. The graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce, not sure which model.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Felix Yates, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness

1. My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness - Similar Threads - lenovo laptop screen

2. Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim: When I switched my laptop on, the screen didn't show up, so I reset it and now the screen is extremely dim and barely readable. I reset it countless times, left it to charge, I've done all the keyboard commands like Ctrl+alt+delete & Win+P, etc. and nothings working.Please...
  3. Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim: When I switched my laptop on, the screen didn't show up, so I reset it and now the screen is extremely dim and barely readable. I reset it countless times, left it to charge, I've done all the keyboard commands like Ctrl+alt+delete & Win+P, etc. and nothings working.Please...
  4. Lenovo Laptop Screen Extremely Dim

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Turning off screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off screen dimming: Hello,I am fighting an automatic screen dimming. With most of the screen black, any white surface even a cursor which is above around a third of the screen height will make the screen brighter, when I move the cursor down, the screen dims. There seems to be at least three...
  6. Turning off screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off screen dimming: Hello,I am fighting an automatic screen dimming. With most of the screen black, any white surface even a cursor which is above around a third of the screen height will make the screen brighter, when I move the cursor down, the screen dims. There seems to be at least three...
  7. My screen brightness slightly dims when I unplug the charger.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screen brightness slightly dims when I unplug the charger.: I have the HP Pavilion Laptop and I have gone through all the settings and tried to find a way to change the setting to 100% brightness while plugged in and unplugged. Nothing new has been put up about it since 2018, which was said then to go into 'enable adaptive brightness...
  8. Screen Brightness dims automatically

Screen Brightness dims automatically: Hi I have been recently using windows 10 and I am having problem with my screen brightness that dims automatically either when do a movement or the screen changes. I tried to disable the adaptive brightness but that didn't helped as the option isn't available. Here is the...
  9. System turning off when I remove charger

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System turning off when I remove charger: Recently I have bought Asus Rog Laptop Windows 10 64 bit Recently I did some system updates From then my laptop is turning off whenever I am removing the charger And I am able switch on only when charger connected Literally I am unable use laptop without charger Can...
  10. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off: This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix. There is a dimming feature linked to the camera. It is designed to dim the screen to off when you walk away from the computer as a...