Windows 10: My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some...

Discus and support My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; this is my personal laptop and I payed for it myself. It was not given to me by any institution or business. I use my Colorado State University email... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ZoeJohnson1, Aug 19, 2019.

1. My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some...

this is my personal laptop and I payed for it myself. It was not given to me by any institution or business. I use my Colorado State University email often but my Microsoft account is linked to my personal email. I want to set up windows hello and would love some help with resolving this issue.

:)

ZoeJohnson1, Aug 19, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 19, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Trouble setting up Windows Hello in new microsoft account

Hello,

If you are prompted that you have already set up Windows Hello, you might already have set up Windows Hello on your account. For us to properly assist you in setting up Windows Hello, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When you say "the other account has been deleted", is it deleted from the computer? Or, the Microsoft account has been closed?
    • Is the new Microsoft account associated with a local account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Aug 19, 2019
  4. My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some...

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some...

1. My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some... - Similar Threads - Lenovo Laptop won't

2. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  3. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  4. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Cannot get Microsoft Hello set up, won't let me use Windows without it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Microsoft Hello set up, won't let me use Windows without it.: Hello!I purchased Microsoft Windows to use Word, Excel, etc. on my computer. Now it won't let me login. It says I need a pin to use with Microsoft Hello, but never had me create one. When I go to settings, accounts, sign-in options like the help articles say to do, it says...
  6. Cannot get Microsoft Hello set up, won't let me use Windows without it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get Microsoft Hello set up, won't let me use Windows without it.: Hello!I purchased Microsoft Windows to use Word, Excel, etc. on my computer. Now it won't let me login. It says I need a pin to use with Microsoft Hello, but never had me create one. When I go to settings, accounts, sign-in options like the help articles say to do, it says...
  7. Windows hello says I need to set a PIN but won't let me

Windows hello says I need to set a PIN but won't let me: I cannot log into my computer, a screen appeared telling me I need to set a Windows Hello PIN but when I try to set one it won't go through and says please try again, I also cannot skip and go back to sign in with my password, I never used a PIN with that computer, that...
  8. WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...: I can't turn on the option "Check apps and Files" in Reputation-based protection. It says "This setting is managed by my administrator". However there is only one user on my laptop and that's me and I'm the administrator. What do I do? I recently had a malware on my...
  9. Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.

Initial set up of laptop won't let me sign in.: I bought a new laptop recently and want to log in with my microsoft account the first time. I do so and successfully sign in. It then promts me to enter set up a pin. I press next button. It then tells me that I cannot setup a pin or has failed. I click on skip for now. Then...
  10. Fingerprint Scanner won't let me set up my fingerprint

Fingerprint Scanner won't let me set up my fingerprint: I just got my new HP ENVY x360 and every time I try to set up my fingerprint it says the scanner is not connected or something and to reconnect it. please help!...