Windows 10: My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting

Discus and support My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo PC, I don't really remember the specs, since I'm not a computer expert, not even intermediate skills :) Lately, my PC has been really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HamletJr, Sep 8, 2018.

1. HamletJr Win User

My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting

I have a Lenovo PC, I don't really remember the specs, since I'm not a computer expert, not even intermediate skills My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting :) Lately, my PC has been really slow. I suspected there might be a virus, or something else, so I decided to reset my PC, to remove all of my files, apps, settings, and reinstall Windows. I thought that the process would take a long time, so I decided to sleep first (since it was 1 AM at the time) while waiting for my PC to reset. I checked my PC to confirm that it was actually resetting (It did say "Resetting 1%"). Then, I woke up after 5-6 hours or so, and I thought I would at least see some kind of progress, like at least 50-60% complete? But I saw my computer wasn't doing anything. It was stuck at the Lenovo logo (like the one when you boot the PC), and it wasn't resetting, or doing anything. It was stuck there, just like that. My keyboard also wouldn't work. I tried to press the Num Lock key and the Caps Lock key, but the keyboard wouldn't respond. I decided to wait for several hours to see if the problem would resolve by itself, but nothing changed. I decided to find help online (like anybody would), and there was this site that told me to try to force shut down my computer, and then turn it back on. I did that, and when it turned on, I saw the exact same thing (the Lenovo logo), but it wouldn't boot Windows. It was in the exact same state as before. Then, I tried another method mentioned on the site, which was to remove all external peripheral connected to the computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, etc.). I did that, and when my PC turned on, there was a beep, and an error message saying "No keyboard detected". Then the screen just went blank. So I tried to restart it, with only the keyboard connected. There was no error this time, but it just went back to the same Lenovo logo, just like before. So here I am now, trying to find help on any site possible. Any help is appreciated My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting :D

:)

HamletJr, Sep 8, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Sep 8, 2018
  4. My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting

Lenovo G500 Booting Issues

Hi Forhad,

I appreciate the steps that you have tried, I would suggest you to try the below steps as well and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.

• Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select System Maintenance.

• Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Note: I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices other than mouse and keyboard and check if it helps.

Method 2: Enable Fast Start Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.

• Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.

• Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.

• If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes.

• Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.

• Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Boot the computer in a clean boot state and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications/drivers or startup items are causing the issue.

Refer the article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, follow the section
    "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope it helps, let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting

1. My Lenovo PC has problems with resetting and booting - Similar Threads - Lenovo has problems

2. boot problem in Lenovo ideapad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot problem in Lenovo ideapad: How to solve boot problem in Lenovo IdeaPad?? Tried disabling secured boot still struck in the boot page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem-in-lenovo-ideapad/6bfca5b7-eef1-4d50-a22a-a9e9c4f995bd
  3. boot problem in Lenovo ideapad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot problem in Lenovo ideapad: How to solve boot problem in Lenovo IdeaPad?? Tried disabling secured boot still struck in the boot page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-problem-in-lenovo-ideapad/6bfca5b7-eef1-4d50-a22a-a9e9c4f995bd
  4. boot problem in Lenovo ideapad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem resetting my PC: I finished installing a new hard drive in my computer and since I did not have a disc to install Windows 10, I made a USB drive with the Windows 10 Installation Media per instructions on this site. I started going thru the recovery process and as the Recovering Process...
  6. problem in resetting my pc

problem in resetting my pc: i am unable to reset my pc when i reset my pc it shows there is problem in resetting this pc .no change were made so please anybody helpe in resetting my dell Inspiron 15 5500 laptop windows 10 version 2004...
  7. Reset Lenovo All in one pc?

Reset Lenovo All in one pc?: My computer was attacked by viruses and I want to reset/restore it or whatever you want to call it. My pc goes on up to the login all well and good. After I am at the login, I want to log in, the pc loads, then I land at the desktop and everything is black and flickering. So...
  8. Problems resetting my PC

Problems resetting my PC: I have tried resetting my pc but I was having problems saying that it can't reset so I made a recovery drive to try and reset it from there but it got to about 32% then decides there is a problem resetting it from there as well. So now I can't reset from the recovery drive...
  9. Problem has occured trying to reset pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem has occured trying to reset pc: Could a virus be stopping the pc from resetting. I’ve tried using a recovery drive and just doing a normal reset everytime it says a problem has occured try to reset this pc. It only happens with it start to actually reset the pc, not just in GUI menus, where you click reset...
  10. Problem with reseting my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with reseting my PC.: I have resetted my PC before 1 or 2 times with the Recovery, it has worked. Today i tried to reset my pc again and it says "There was a problem resetting your PC" I have everything i could but it still doesnt work. I have Windows 10 Pro....