Windows 10: My list of available networks is empty

Discus and support My list of available networks is empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m using windows 10 1803 and recently I tried to switch my wireless network and when clicked on wifi icon in the notifications section. There were no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ColinReynolds_TechR10, Jan 24, 2019.

1. My list of available networks is empty

I’m using windows 10 1803 and recently I tried to switch my wireless network and when clicked on wifi icon in the notifications section. There were no available networks being shown. (not even the one that I connected to. I used the troublershooter tool to try and figure out what was wrong. Big mistake, because after all of the steps it took I was no longer connected to the internet. I went to Microsoft community to see if I could find a solution to the problem.

There were a lot of users who were trying find solutions to the same, or similar problem. In almost every case, the moderator pointed the users to a network troubleshooting proceedure (which if you followed it to letter, still wouldn’t solve my problem because it never solves the issue of missing available networks). The proceeder dead-ends with with reinstall your drivers, or replace your network card, which is not the problem, since ALL of the available networks are listed in one of the log files...windows can see them, but doesn’t make them available for selection...clearly a software problem other than drivers.

I was never able to find a solution in the forums, which is shocking since so many people seem to have the issue. Has this problem been seen by your company, and if so, is there a solution?

:)

ColinReynolds_TechR10, Jan 24, 2019

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

Hi Jochen,

In order for us to proceed and properly guide you in resolving the missing list of available networks, we would like to gather more information:

• Have you tried following the steps provided by Robert Caw?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

My list of available networks is empty

Wifi List of Available Networks Blank

Hi Alex,

If you are having an issue with viewing available wireless networks on your computer, one most possible reason is that the wireless adapter has been disabled under the Network and Sharing Center. In order for us to properly isolate the issue, let's go back
    to the basic step of checking that out and proceed from there.

Please do the following steps:

• Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
    • Click the Network and Internet category.
    • Select Networking and Sharing Center.
    • From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings.
    • Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click
      Enable
    • If it shows that it has always been enabled, click on Disable and then click on
      Enable.
    Once done, please try to view available wireless networks again and let us know the result.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

My list of available networks is empty

1. My list of available networks is empty - Similar Threads - list available networks

2. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  3. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Available Wifi Networks List: I had an extender with two networks 2.5ghz & 5ghz but I no longer use the extender. So in "Manage Known Networks" I did "Forget" on both to remove them, which it did in that list, but they still show up in the "Available Networks". The extender is not plugged in and is not...
  4. Available Wifi Networks List

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. To solve available network list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    To solve available network list: Just search services at search box near windows logo at buttom- LEFTAT SERVICES, FIND WLAN Autoconfig and start this service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-solve-available-network-list/d62a5ebf-ade5-4ecf-8b17-a10068fe5f7b
  6. To solve available network list

in Windows 10 Customization
    To solve available network list: Just search services at search box near windows logo at buttom- LEFTAT SERVICES, FIND WLAN Autoconfig and start this service https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-solve-available-network-list/d62a5ebf-ade5-4ecf-8b17-a10068fe5f7b
  7. available networks on the list

available networks on the list: Hi, I cannot see all available networks on the list, using win10 on ACER computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/available-networks-on-the-list/d5b43319-7dbf-4473-84c5-94e113aafea5
  8. List of available networks

List of available networks: I saw a previous thread about the wifi button on task bar not working after a major Windows 10 update. I believe I might have succumbed to the same problem. When I clicked on the button prior to the Windows update I would see a list of my available wireless networks. Now...
  9. Strange list of available network

Strange list of available network: Hi, In the past year of so, despite keeping the Window software and all the drivers up to date, I loose network connection on my Acer Switch Alpha 12 tablet semi-daily. To get connected Window Key+I-> reset network or Trouble Shoot Network is the remedy. My ADSL WIFI is...
  10. my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks

my wifi network is not appearing in the list of available networks: I have already made the wlan report I tried to attach it but it did not work....I hope it is ok to paste it here. I hope someone can help me. I have troubleshooted my butt off and it is happening on both of my laptops so I do not understand how to fix it. Thanks!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. missing avalible networks