Windows 10: My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all.

Discus and support My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday, my windows 10 local disk C space keep increasing from 35gb free space to 0 instantly. i went through some support tricks from various... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HengkySantoso, Apr 24, 2020.

1. My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all.

Hi,

Yesterday, my windows 10 local disk C space keep increasing from 35gb free space to 0 instantly.
    i went through some support tricks from various website, using

-MalwareBytes

-CCleaner

-Treesize

-Windows Disk cleanup

-Windows restore points

-chkdsk repair

-SFC

-Windows defender offline scan and full scan

they found nothing but after using Treesize, i found out that Hotspot shield have this huge 35gb log and so i delete and uninstall the whole software.

after that i re-clean again with the steps that i mentioned up there.

and today after i open my laptop, i checked my local disk C again, the free space 34.9gb is decreasing again slowly, at first its only a few kb, but slowly it takes like +100mb make it to 34.6 - 34.4 and then the free space suddenly went free to 34.9gb again.

Is it a virus?

below here is the screenshot showing the local disk C is increasing and decreasing in 5 minutes

My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all. efb6b1f0-14fa-40d7-81d5-0e5842bc1f82?upload=true.png My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all. 9c7890e9-aad1-40d6-a1dc-bbec0c783371?upload=true.png My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all. 2a2aa014-fb96-4cef-b149-39aa47e63023?upload=true.png

:)

HengkySantoso, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Jane Lla Win User

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Disk Space on C drive increases and decreases

hello over the last i noticed the disk space increases and decreases on my main drive (c drive) it generally at 64gb space but some times in/creases/decreases by 200-300mb and today it dropped by about 2GB briefly I'm running windows 10 pro (64 bit)

ARSENALTASTIC, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all.

Drive C space decreases constantly

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space decreases is due to the automatic restore feature. This frequently happens when you installed a program or you have updated your device. To adjust the Automatic System Restore settings, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Recovery.
    • Click Recovery, then select Configure System Restore.
    • Click Configure.

You'll be provide option to either disable system restore. Please take note that once you disabled System Restore, you won't be able to use the restore feature if you encountered any error in the future. You'll also see an option to modify the usage of your
    disk space allotted for System Restore. The Delete button will delete all restore points on your device.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all.

1. My Local Disk C free space keep decreasing for no reason at all. - Similar Threads - Local Disk free

2. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  3. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  4. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C disk losing space for no reason: Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason For...
  6. C disk losing space for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C disk losing space for no reason: Hi i have problem with my c disk i have ssd and space keeps filling slowly there is no virus No hibernate or system restore i do cleans but it won't help i reinstalled windows 4 time and even changed ssd but problem is same pls help it keeps losing space for no reason For...
  7. C drive free space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive free space keeps decreasing: C drive free space keeps decreasing first it was 465GB free of 500GB after installing some apps it became 461GB and now i have not installed any app still the free space has decreased down to 452GB. * Original title: Windows...
  8. Hard Disk space C: \ keeps decreasing day by day

Hard Disk space C: \ keeps decreasing day by day: My disk space reduces day by day, like 300 MB per day. I'm not installing new apps but my disk space keeps on decreasing. Is this normal or my windows needs any changes?[ATTACH]...
  9. My "C" Disk space decreases automaticly !

My "C" Disk space decreases automaticly !: after the last update this is getting started for my pc the system disk space decreases automtaticly it only stops when it reach 0 free space , then I remove some stuff to free some space and restart my pc , the problem start again .-. I tried to check my space usage by...
  10. My C drive space keeps decreasing

My C drive space keeps decreasing: [IMG]Hello users, My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and today its 38GB. I didn't install any software, nor i did anything on C drive. I tried cleaning using diskcleanup, c...