Windows 10: My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

Discus and support My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; somehow it automatically changed while I did nothing. It chnaged to a random application name. How can i resolve this problem and some antivirus to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sanket73, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Sanket73 Win User

My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

somehow it automatically changed while I did nothing. It chnaged to a random application name. How can i resolve this problem and some antivirus to stop these things from happening would be very helpful .

:)

Sanket73, Dec 26, 2019
  2. RobRue Win User

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

Solved... at least for me.

I tried some of the other suggested methods to get rid of "local disk (z) with no success.

However, a simple System Restore to an earlier version removed the mystery disk Z: completely.

RobRue, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 26, 2019
  4. My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

How do I change Administrator local account name in Windows 10 Home?

Hi Hoc,

You can change your local account name under Control Panel. To do this,
    please follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel and then click the User Accounts icon.
    • Click the Manage another account and then click Local Account.
    • Change the account name.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

1. My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed. - Similar Threads - local disk drive

2. Changing the local admin name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the local admin name: Hi guys, I need some help with my local admin name. I am handing off my Lenovo T530 to my friend. I have deleted anything personal and only have W10 (20H2) with latest updates left. I went into the control panel and changed the name of my local admin account to my friends...
  3. CD Drive changes into local disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD Drive changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  4. CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon

CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  5. CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Disk Drive icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  6. change name of "local user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    change name of "local user": On my laptop windows 10 I am called "local user" how can I change this to my name? I know it's petty but I hate it! simple directions pretty please :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-local-user/d800757d-ee90-454b-9c52-5af36779d1cd
  7. Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Local disk C to another Hard drive: So I accidentally selected my SSD that I wanted to have for boot purposes as the Local Disk C and want to change the Local Disk C to a HDD I also have installed. How would I achieve this? Thanks for the help in advance! submitted by /u/KingAlain_ [link] [comments]...
  8. Local Disk Z automatically created.

Local Disk Z automatically created.: Today I noticed a new disk partition appeared named Local Disk z. The size of this partition is 100MB. And I can't access it. What is this ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-z-automatically-created/f1752637-2ef7-4492-850e-62ca2b9123cb
  9. My Local Disk D drive is looked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Local Disk D drive is looked: Hi, I recently did a recovery on my surface pro 3 because it was slow so I thought about it's time to reinstall windows. However, after the recovery was done, my local disk D got locked. My C drive shows an icon of an open silver lock, however my local disk D drive shows a...
  10. local disk C: icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local disk C: icon: My Local disk C: icon changed to a file suddenly. what can be the cause and how can I solve the problem please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c-icon/80665610-7f6c-4841-9dd3-4956bfa6c378"