Windows 10: My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

Discus and support My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; somehow it automatically changed while I did nothing. It chnaged to a random application name. How can i resolve this problem and some antivirus to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sanket73, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Sanket73 Win User

My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

somehow it automatically changed while I did nothing. It chnaged to a random application name. How can i resolve this problem and some antivirus to stop these things from happening would be very helpful .

:)

Sanket73, Dec 26, 2019
  2. RobRue Win User

new drive named local disk(z) is appearing

Solved... at least for me.

I tried some of the other suggested methods to get rid of "local disk (z) with no success.

However, a simple System Restore to an earlier version removed the mystery disk Z: completely.

RobRue, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Dec 26, 2019
  4. My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

How do I change Administrator local account name in Windows 10 Home?

Hi Hoc,

You can change your local account name under Control Panel. To do this,
    please follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel and then click the User Accounts icon.
    • Click the Manage another account and then click Local Account.
    • Change the account name.

Do let us know if you have any other concerns.

Raymond Ave, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed.

1. My local disk drive name and icon automatically changed. - Similar Threads - local disk drive

2. My Local Disk C drive getting full automatically daily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Local Disk C drive getting full automatically daily: I have windows installed in my C drive only with SSD and it gets automatically full day by day with Microsoft packages.If I used it for 10 mins only it will be filled with 2GBHere is the pathC:\Users\rajat\AppData\Local\PackagesI have installed the new window still getting...
  3. My Local Disk C drive getting full automatically daily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Local Disk C drive getting full automatically daily: I have windows installed in my C drive only with SSD and it gets automatically full day by day with Microsoft packages.If I used it for 10 mins only it will be filled with 2GBHere is the pathC:\Users\rajat\AppData\Local\PackagesI have installed the new window still getting...
  4. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local disk changing: The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-changing/b5ef9c3c-9fb0-4d95-bb52-28e6cad9a914
  5. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local disk changing: The current Local disk that has windows is 110Gb and ive connected another 931GB one. Im not sure how to move everything from the 110 to 931 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-changing/b5ef9c3c-9fb0-4d95-bb52-28e6cad9a914
  6. local disk changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. CD Drive changes into local disk

CD Drive changes into local disk: hello, I'm facing a problem in windows 10 , my CD drive changes into Local Disk , I mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem .[ATTACH]...
  8. CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon

CD ROM Icon changes into local disk icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Local Disk icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  9. CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon

CD ROM Icon changes into Disk Drive icon: hello, Im facing a problem in windows 10 , my icon of the CD ROM drive changes into Disk Drive icon , i mean to say that my cd rom drive is now showing Local disk G . plz help me fix this problem i need CD rom icon again. Thankyou...
  10. local disk C: icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    local disk C: icon: My Local disk C: icon changed to a file suddenly. what can be the cause and how can I solve the problem please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c-icon/80665610-7f6c-4841-9dd3-4956bfa6c378"