Windows 10: My Local User Account Name

Discus and support My Local User Account Name in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other. Unfortunately, I set it up once before and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RogerBenson3, Jan 17, 2021.

1. My Local User Account Name

I want to set up a local user account named 'Roger". It is important that I use that name and no other.

Unfortunately, I set it up once before and then deleted it for a reason that I won't go into.. So I tried to set it up again a few days later and it will not allow me to use that name. The message say's "Pick another name". How can I get by this?

:)

RogerBenson3, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Jan 17, 2021
  4. My Local User Account Name

User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

My Local User Account Name

1. My Local User Account Name - Similar Threads - Local User Account

2. User account name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  3. User account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User account name: Good morning,the workstation I used for a colleague of mine has passed to another. My problem now is to keep order and make the PC recognizable:PC Name: PB1Username: Bern...Account name: ...@gmail.comUsually i share the online account among people of that office, while having...
  4. Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local User Account Name Same as Microsoft Account Name?: I just installed Windows 10 on a workstation on my network there are many computers on this internal network. Since this network is secure and I'm the only employee... the same username and password is used on all systems... mine. This makes it very simple to use the...
  5. change name of "local user"

in Windows 10 Customization
    change name of "local user": On my laptop windows 10 I am called "local user" how can I change this to my name? I know it's petty but I hate it! simple directions pretty please :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-name-of-local-user/d800757d-ee90-454b-9c52-5af36779d1cd
  6. How do I change the user folder name for my local account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change the user folder name for my local account?: Hello all, I recently got a new Windows 10 laptop and set it up with my Microsoft account, before switching to a local account. When I went to view the user account folder for the local account C:\Users, I saw that windows had named the folder using the first 5 characters...
  7. Local User Account

Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  8. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  9. user account name

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    user account name: can I remove the user account only from my pc login screen, and not anywhere else? I tried to install office & update windows 10, but my sign in screen name changed. The email accounts of 2 accounts I have are now on the PC sign in screen. There doesn't seem to be anything...
  10. Account name user name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name user name: You don't want to remove the account since it is your only one. Are you able to "Edit name" of your account online like below to change it to what you wanted instead? Change User Name of Account in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials [img]