Windows 10: My local windows password changed by itself after an update

Discus and support My local windows password changed by itself after an update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a windows update, my laptop does not accept my password. The update was interruped. Later it was completed but my old password (It has always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Octavio3012, Sep 11, 2020.

1. My local windows password changed by itself after an update

After a windows update, my laptop does not accept my password. The update was interruped. Later it was completed but my old password (It has always been the same) is not recognized by my laptop. I dont know what to do.

submitted by /u/Octavio3012
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Octavio3012, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Forgot Local Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and reset the password for the local account and check.

• Login in to your Microsoft account.

• Press Windows logo key + X key.

• Select Computer Management.

• Click on Local user and group.

• In the right window pane, double click on user’s folder.

• Right click on local user account and select set password and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 11, 2020
  4. My local windows password changed by itself after an update

Change password on windows 10

Hi Dave,

To change the password of the Local Account on Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Press CTRL+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.
    • Choose Change a password.
    • Make sure to enter the correct old password before you can create your new password.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

My local windows password changed by itself after an update

1. My local windows password changed by itself after an update - Similar Threads - local password changed

2. Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself: Windows 11 on an HP Spectre-X365. Cannot login to the computer or access any other accounts on it even though administrator shows enabled. This is also a copy of windows that is licensed as "PRO", but shows as home version verified in my MS account this morning. Any ideas on...
  3. Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Password mysteriously changed itself: Windows 11 on an HP Spectre-X365. Cannot login to the computer or access any other accounts on it even though administrator shows enabled. This is also a copy of windows that is licensed as "PRO", but shows as home version verified in my MS account this morning. Any ideas on...
  4. Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incorrect local password after Windows 10 update: I updated my windows 10 and now i cannot login to use my computer. Once i turn on the system and put my password, it tells me incorrect password. I searched for solutions involving safe mode and throught the use if command prompt but i the command prompt and safe mode are...
  5. Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Windows password won't work after Windows Update: After the recent Windows Update ver. 2004 in Windows 10, I can't log into my local administrator account. I know I'm entering the password correctly using the "eye" to see it. In addition, if I log in with a general user and try to make a change that requires administrative...
  6. Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Password changed from mine to my Microsoft password.: Hello all, I am running Win 10 on a PC and suddenly the local password to log on to the computer changed from my local PW to the PW for my Microsoft account. Why? I tried everything to change it back, but no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks....
  7. Windows 10, change local administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10, change local administrator password: I have one computer in my home with one user account and that account is administrator . It is connected to a online Microsoft (Microsoft live?) account with my email as user name. I use a local password to log in to my computer. My local password and my online Microsoft...
  8. my apple email password keep changing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my apple email password keep changing by itself: Hi, When I try to create my apple email account in the email windows app. It keep changing my password by itself and doesn't transfer or sync my apple emails. This is what I did: went to Mail Add account Choose ICloud add my apple email address I add my name in send...
  9. Windows 10 Password Changed By Itself

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Password Changed By Itself: I have two laptops with Windows 10. Their windows password differs only with a "1" being added to the password of the other laptop. The mystery is that today I found that the laptop without the "1" needed it. I swear I did nothing to change it. It must be Window 10. Another...
  10. Local Account Password changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...