Windows 10: My locale is in chinese

Discus and support My locale is in chinese in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My locale for some reason is in Chinese. It says 美国 which I am fairly certain means America. In short is there any way to make this English, and why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KF926, Dec 18, 2019.

1. KF926 Win User

My locale is in chinese

My locale for some reason is in Chinese. It says 美国 which I am fairly certain means America. In short is there any way to make this English, and why would it even be in Chinese in the first place.

:)

KF926, Dec 18, 2019

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 18, 2019
  4. My locale is in chinese

can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

My locale is in chinese

1. My locale is in chinese - Similar Threads - locale chinese

2. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files: I uninstall my one-drive and it deleted local files from my desktop,documents and pictures. How am i able to restore it? i tried using the restore option on one-drive but it doesn't show my files there. some of the files are not backed up because my one-drive is full but the...
  3. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files: I uninstall my one-drive and it deleted local files from my desktop,documents and pictures. How am i able to restore it? i tried using the restore option on one-drive but it doesn't show my files there. some of the files are not backed up because my one-drive is full but the...
  4. I recently uninstalled my one-drive and it took away my local files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  6. Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!

Windows Firweall LOCAL network access from other devices: FIX!: Symptoms: You can see one PC from another device, but you cannot access it. The error I had was 0x80070035 & something along the lines of "network path not found".FIX: Control Panel -> System and Secutiry -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings -> Inbound AND Outbound rules...
  7. Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.: We are updating our application to support Chinese locale. For that for some control we need to Set IME mode ON, so that, Chinese input should be possible and or all other control writing language support should be English. But when I start my application, for controls which...
  8. Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.

Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.: We are updating our application to support Chinese locale. For that for some control we need to Set IME mode ON, so that, Chinese input should be possible and or all other control writing language support should be English. But when I start my application, for controls which...
  9. Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot create local users if you are using Chinese, Japanese, or Korean IME on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Some users are encountering the issue preventing them from creating local users when setting up a new Windows 10 device using Input Method Editor (IME). In this post, we will provide a workaround to mitigate this issue. An Input Method [...] This post Cannot...
  10. i need to change locale to 'Chinese Simplified, PRC'

in Windows 10 Support
    i need to change locale to 'Chinese Simplified, PRC': in windows 7 and i think 8 there was an option to change your locale to Chinese simplified PRC i dont see this option in windows 10... has it been renamed? 15264