Windows 10: My Location!

Discus and support My Location! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I get windows to use and indicate my correct location?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stéphane Kotze, Oct 12, 2020.

1. My Location!

how do I get windows to use and indicate my correct location?

:)

Stéphane Kotze, Oct 12, 2020

2. Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Karen Her Win User
    Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Oct 12, 2020
  4. My Location!

my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

My Location!

1. My Location! - Similar Threads - Location

2. How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...: I've already set the save new content to a different drive in the setting, yet the store still downloads / installs to the C drive. I also because if this issue have installed store apps that didn't follow the install path i set that will not move to the other drive. any way...
  3. How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...: I've already set the save new content to a different drive in the setting, yet the store still downloads / installs to the C drive. I also because if this issue have installed store apps that didn't follow the install path i set that will not move to the other drive. any way...
  4. How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...: we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more information see the setup logDrive 1 Partition 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-we-couldnt-create-a-new-partition/7f11ab8b-6946-4428-9fb2-fcf13758d32c
  6. How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...

How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...: we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more information see the setup logDrive 1 Partition 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-we-couldnt-create-a-new-partition/7f11ab8b-6946-4428-9fb2-fcf13758d32c
  7. How to fix this we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one for more...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  9. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account: After the latest update in March 2024, the location of my computer in my Microsoft Account is shown as Vacaville CA and the address shown in Settings is Rockwood PA, the correct Address. I can't change the address in my Microsoft Account. Geek Squad tried to fix it and after...
  10. Incorrect Device Location in my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware