Windows 10: My lock screen won't change!

Discus and support My lock screen won't change! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No matter what I do my lockscreen won't change. Even resetting won't help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TamalMajumdar9, Nov 15, 2019.

1. My lock screen won't change!

No matter what I do my lockscreen won't change. Even resetting won't help

:)

TamalMajumdar9, Nov 15, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 15, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

My lock screen won't change! [​IMG]

zbook, Nov 15, 2019
  4. My lock screen won't change!

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

My lock screen won't change!

1. My lock screen won't change! - Similar Threads - lock screen won't

2. Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen wallpaper won't load or change: I'm encountering an issue I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper to a custom picture, it fails to load. The preview remains stuck and the change is not saved. If a select a previously used image, it changes, by I cannot add a new oneIt just kept loading and loading whole...
  3. Lock screen image won't change anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image won't change anymore: I have it set to an image of my own, but now when I try to change it, the preview window keeps showing the "loading dots" animation indefinitely.Also, the 5 "Choose your picture" images are my own, but I can't reset these either....
  4. Lock screen image won't change anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen image won't change anymore: I have it set to an image of my own, but now when I try to change it, the preview window keeps showing the "loading dots" animation indefinitely.Also, the 5 "Choose your picture" images are my own, but I can't reset these either....
  5. Lock screen image won't change anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Lock screen won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen won't change: I've been trying to change my lock screen but whenever I do, the preview just keeps loading and the old image doesn't change when I close the settings window. What can I do?...
  7. Windows lock screen picture won't change

Windows lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  8. Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight

Lock screen won't change to Windows Spotlight: Hi, Anyone else got the problem with the lock screen stuck on one image. I have tried changing it to Windows Spotlight, which is an option in the dropdown list, but then as soon as I navigate away from the Lock Screen settings page, it reverts to a lock screen picture, and...
  9. Lock Screen/Welcome screen won't change

Lock Screen/Welcome screen won't change: Every single time i turn my computer on, i see this one picture, which i cannot change, even after changing the lock screen picture, which i can only see if i use Windows + L. if i set it to slideshow and select a folder it will still show this one picture in the preview even...
  10. Lock Screen photo won't change

Lock Screen photo won't change: Just got a new Samsung laptop with Windows 10. The lock screen photo will not change to one of my photos. After browsing for & choosing the photo it just spins & spins. Tried a large file, tried a small file, tried a different photo. It won't change....