Windows 10: My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

Discus and support My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My lock screen changes to default by itself after I restart my laptop. A similar thing has started happening now with wallpaper also. Even after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SakshiGoel1, May 10, 2020.

1. My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

My lock screen changes to default by itself after I restart my laptop. A similar thing has started happening now with wallpaper also. Even after setting wallpaper to an image, it reverts back to black solid fill by itself. I cannot figure out what is the problem. Kindly help

:)

SakshiGoel1, May 10, 2020

2. Lockscreen Wallpaper is missing

After the recent update my pc is showing a black lockscreen instead of windows spotlight.... this problem is only when i select windows spotlight. If i select any other picture other than spotlight for lock screen then I am getting the wallpaper correctly,
    but when i choose spotlight as lockscreen and sign in page it is not showing the image.

Hari Prasad_75, May 10, 2020
  3. gdgates Win User
    Lockscreen solid color, but with related search options still showing

A couple of days ago, and without my laptop having updated to my knowledge, I started getting a solid blue lockscreen. It changes when I change the color of my theme in settings as well. I do however, get the magnifying glass icons and search suggestions that are based on whatever the lockscreen is supposed to be for that day.
    My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill [​IMG]

gdgates, May 10, 2020
  4. zitenglim Win User

My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

wallpaper keeps changing to black screen after shutdown

i recently purchased a microsoft surface pro 3 laptop, which runs on windows 10 pro. I started to realize that after i shut down my laptop and turn it back on, my wallpaper reverts to the default wallpaper. at first i thought it was due to a wallpaper clock
    i downloaded from the internet, so i uninstalled it and deleted the default wallpaper. but now when i start up my computer, the wallpaper is just a solid black colour. how do i fix this? its so annoying having to go to personalize and reset my wallpaper everytime
    i turn on my laptop.

also i highly doubt its due to any other programs, since the only thing in the computer is microsoft office

zitenglim, May 10, 2020
Thema:

My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill

1. My lockscreen and wallpaper reverts back to default or black solid fill - Similar Threads - lockscreen wallpaper reverts

2. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  4. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lockscreen Wallpaper

Lockscreen Wallpaper: I can't change the lockscreen wallpaper, Everytime i want to change wallpaper I select wallpaper then wallpaper is only loading not applying. Windows spotlight also isn't working. When i select windows spotlight, i see only blue colour in Lockscreen.i have many times reset my...
  6. windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows wont let me change my wallpaper, it keeps going back to a solid black color,: and also windows settings are really slow and laggy submitted by /u/Malik-_- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j36zte/windows_wont_let_me_change_my_wallpaper_it_keeps/
  7. Lockscreen and Background keep Reverting Back

Lockscreen and Background keep Reverting Back: I've tried to set my lock and background screen to my own photo and it only stays that way for a day, then changes to a random one chosen by windows. I've made sure that I selected the 'picture' option in the personalization settings and not "slideshow". But no matter what...
  8. Reverting Back To Factory Default

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reverting Back To Factory Default: Do to a bad install to windows10 version 1803, I had to revert back to the factory default - windows version 1607. How do I go about updating windows to bring it up to date. Should I allow the version 1803 to install again? 110328
  9. plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper

plain black desktop solid colour wallpaper: Hi all. I can't seem to find how to have a straight black desktop background. The closest is a medium grey. I just want a straight black if possible... Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks 6638
  10. How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black?

How to fill my desktop wallpaper background with black?: I used to be able to do this in Windows 7. Basically if my desktop photo doesn't fill the screen, there's a color that fills the rest of it. I can't see anywhere to change this color to just black. I can change the whole screen to grey, or have my image cover the entire...