Windows 10: my lockscreen is not changing

Discus and support my lockscreen is not changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to change my lockscreen wallpaper... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MuhammadMuntaqeem, Aug 4, 2018.

1. my lockscreen is not changing

I am unable to change my lockscreen wallpaper

:)

MuhammadMuntaqeem, Aug 4, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 4, 2018
  3. cannot change lockscreen

Hi Thaker,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if you are able to change the lock screen.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 4, 2018
  4. my lockscreen is not changing

Lock screen settings won't change, no error message.

Thank you for the detailed response zdzdz, I'm glad it worked for you.

I tried the steps you listed and it didn't fix it for me. It did remove all my existing lockscreen images, so now I just have a black screen as the lockscreen. I can't even change this black lockscreen back to the picture slideshow now. Gaaahh Windows.

nzcanadian, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

my lockscreen is not changing

1. my lockscreen is not changing - Similar Threads - lockscreen changing

2. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  3. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?: hello,I have been facing this weird issue with every laptop I sign in to that has Windows 10.basically, you do know how windows syncs the same wallpapers on your newly added devicewell, in my case, it was working fine until one day my lock screen got stuck on a default lock...
  4. Windows 10 not changing lockscreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?: so i decide to change my wallpaper theme, so i apply a theme but the problem is that my background wallpaper would change but my lockscreen wallpaper wouldn't change as the theme and i am having trouble of trying to change the lockscreen wallpaper the same as the theme, if i...
  6. I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?

I would like to know on what to do if my lockscreen wallpaper is not changing as the theme?: so i decide to change my wallpaper theme, so i apply a theme but the problem is that my background wallpaper would change but my lockscreen wallpaper wouldn't change as the theme and i am having trouble of trying to change the lockscreen wallpaper the same as the theme, if i...
  7. i can't change my name on the lockscreen windows 10, can you help me? how to fix that?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i can't change my name on the lockscreen windows 10, can you help me? how to fix that?: my windows lock screen is my Microsoft account, i want to change it to my peronal name but i can't. can you help me how to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name-on-the-lockscreen-windows-10/f7d596c5-9263-4767-9a74-58077c752c7f
  8. i can't change my name on the lockscreen windows 10, can you help me? how to fix that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't change my name on the lockscreen windows 10, can you help me? how to fix that?: my windows lock screen is my Microsoft account, i want to change it to my peronal name but i can't. can you help me how to solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-my-name-on-the-lockscreen-windows-10/f7d596c5-9263-4767-9a74-58077c752c7f
  9. i can't change my name on the lockscreen windows 10, can you help me? how to fix that?

10. Unable to change lockscreen background

Unable to change lockscreen background: I've been having this problem for a long time, no updates have fixed it yet. Whenever I try to change my lockscreen image, it keeps loading the image but never does, as shown on the image. I tried to leave it loading for over a day and it never did.I've tried every solution...