Windows 10: My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop.

Discus and support My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to configure a Logitech C170 webcam on my Windows 10 pro, 20H2, OS version 19042.868. Windows is up to date. Windows does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joan_506, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Joan_506 Win User

My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop.

Hi all,

I am trying to configure a Logitech C170 webcam on my Windows 10 pro, 20H2, OS version 19042.868. Windows is up to date.

Windows does not automatically configure the webcam. In device manager the C170 webcam appears under "Other devices", not under "Video devices".

If in device manager I reinstall the driver I get the following error:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the device drivers".

"USB video device"

[COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]"The installation class is not present or invalid." <<<[/COLOR]

I have also tried installing the drivers recommended by Logitech at the following address without success.

https://logitechdriversupport.com/amp/logitech-webcam-c170-software/

The camera is connected directly to a USB port on the laptop, not to a hub.

The camera is working fine because I have tested it on another PC with Windows 10 and it works fine.

Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Joan

:)

Joan_506, Apr 8, 2021

2. Logitech C170 webcam Issue

Logitech webcam C170 was working nicely on my PC with Windows 10. Suddenly it stopped working. When I try to start a hangout, the camera icon keeps blinking, and cannot capture the picture. Don't understand what's happening.

SaikatRudra, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Logitech C170 Webcam AND Alienware Integrated Webcam DO NOT WORK in Windows 10

Hi Shando,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret for the inconvenience caused and we will definitely help you to resolve the issue.

This issue might occur if the webcam drivers are not updated.

To assist you better, I like to know; what error message you receive, when trying to access Webcam?

As per your query, I suggest you to download the latest Webcam driver from the manufacturer’s website and try installing it.

To download the latest driver for Logitech C170 Webcam, refer to the below link:

Getting started - Webcam C170

Download the latest for dell webcam driver from the manufacturer's website and try installing it in compatibility mode, refer to the below link:

Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

Note: Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 8, 2021
  4. LemP Win User

C170 logitech cam not installing on windows 7

What happened when you tried?

If you got an error message, what is the complete text?

What what the name of the "driver" file you attempted to install, and where did you get it from?

Logitech supplies "Camera Setting" software for the C170, which you can download here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024843533--Downloads-Webcam-C170

LemP, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. My Logitech C170 webcam does not work on my Windows 10 pro laptop. - Similar Threads - Logitech C170 webcam

2. logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11: Here is what I am directed to:A driver can't load on this deviceSecurity Windows 10You are receiving this message because the Memory Integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device. Here are a few options you can try if you want to be...
  3. logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    logitech webcam worked on my laptop with Windows 10 but not my new pc with windows 11: Here is what I am directed to:A driver can't load on this deviceSecurity Windows 10You are receiving this message because the Memory Integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device. Here are a few options you can try if you want to be...
  4. Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez: Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c170-hez-keresek/b71c2a9c-124b-4302-b193-47243e2f67ee
  5. Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez: Logitech webcam C170-hez keresek illesztőprogramot win11-hez https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logitech-webcam-c170-hez-keresek/b71c2a9c-124b-4302-b193-47243e2f67ee
  6. Logitech C270 webcam does not work in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech C270 webcam does not work in Windows 10.: I have a Logitch C270 webcam, and in Windows 10, it doesn't work, it just shows a black screen, and if it does work, it flickers and freezes. I tried the webcam in a Windows 7 VM, no problems. I think the camera may be too old for Windows 10. Is there any custom drivers to...
  7. My Logitech WebCam video function does not work with Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Logitech WebCam video function does not work with Teams: I have installed Logitech Webcam to my Windows 10 Laptop. In Teams settings I can see that Webcam is recognized as Microphone and Camera. I have checked all relevant allowances and driver versions and they should be ok. I can join Teams meeting and microphone is working fine...
  8. Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app

Logitech C170 webcam not working / green screen in Skype and Windows Camera app: Hi, I'm having trouble with my Logitech C170 webcam - when I open Skype or the Windows Camera app, it just shows a dark/ green screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] When I try Facebook video call, it says "hardware access error". Using a desktop PC with Windows 10 (all latest...
  9. my logitech webcam pro 9000 doesn't work on windows 10 - year 2018

my logitech webcam pro 9000 doesn't work on windows 10 - year 2018: my logitech webcam pro 9000 doesn't work on windows 10 - year 2018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-logitech-webcam-pro-9000-doesnt-work-on-windows/d7824b8d-962a-4c0e-baaf-62127d128e9b
  10. Logitech C170 webcam Issue

Logitech C170 webcam Issue: Logitech webcam C170 was working nicely on my PC with Windows 10. Suddenly it stopped working. When I try to start a hangout, the camera icon keeps blinking, and cannot capture the picture. Don't understand what's happening....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do logitech c170 work on windows 10