Windows 10: My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key...

Discus and support My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This has happened a few times where my machine would unexpectedly crash and each time I have rebooted the machine it keeps popping up with enter in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Steve Chung (schung), Jul 24, 2019.

1. My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key...

This has happened a few times where my machine would unexpectedly crash and each time I have rebooted the machine it keeps popping up with enter in your BitLocker Recovery Key.

Luckily I have this written down on a sheet of paper but my question is why does my machine behave like this and unexpectedly crashes and each time asking me to enter in a recovery key?

Is there a resolution for this to stop?

Steve

:)

Steve Chung (schung), Jul 24, 2019

2. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

I wish I had posted the link but I didn't.

But maybe one of these will help.

After I got the keys I created a document with the keys, my computer model, serial number and Key ID in case I had to refer to it again.

I know much of it can be found by clicking the MSFT keys or other sources, but I find it is easier to just keep everything in one place in easy reach.

Good luck, I know it is frustrating.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-recovery-key

4 Ways to Find BitLocker Recovery Key in Windows 10

RaymondWindoz10, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    BitLocker Recovery Key Entered Correctly but it Just Keeps Immediately Asking Me for it Again and Again

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time and concern.

I would suggest you to use steps provided in the following articles and check.

Refer:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/bitlocker-recovery-keys-faq

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key...

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi Rigo,

It looks like you're having challenges looking for your Bitlocker recovery key. We suggest that you check this article regarding your concern:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key...

1. My machine keeps unexpectedly crashing and keeps popping up with the BitLocker Recovery Key... - Similar Threads - machine keeps unexpectedly

2. Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key: Hey all,So I recently got a new eGPU which I connected to my laptop, that all works fine, but ever since I got that, 80% of the time not all of the time, which is what is so confusing when I boot or restart the PC I have to enter the Bitlocker recovery key. This is beginning...
  3. Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key: Hey all,So I recently got a new eGPU which I connected to my laptop, that all works fine, but ever since I got that, 80% of the time not all of the time, which is what is so confusing when I boot or restart the PC I have to enter the Bitlocker recovery key. This is beginning...
  4. PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games: Hi there, so for the past few months I have had an on and off problem where my PC crashes as I am playing video games, weirdly it doesn't always happen and sometimes it just crashes once and then it's ok but not anymore. I have no idea what is causing it and I am losing my...
  5. PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps crashing unexpectedly on games: Hi there, so for the past few months I have had an on and off problem where my PC crashes as I am playing video games, weirdly it doesn't always happen and sometimes it just crashes once and then it's ok but not anymore. I have no idea what is causing it and I am losing my...
  6. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC: Hi everyone, Hope you're doing well. I just finished building a new PC, and i wanted to protect the disks with Bitlocker. So I went and bought Windows Pro, as my current Home didnt have bitlocker. However, every single time (i have installed windows more than 15 times the...
  7. Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Bitlocker keeps crashing my PC: Hi everyone, Hope you're doing well. I just finished building a new PC, and i wanted to protect the disks with Bitlocker. So I went and bought Windows Pro, as my current Home didnt have bitlocker. However, every single time (i have installed windows more than 15 times the...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically

BitLocker Recovery Key on a machine with BitLocker enabled automatically: May you please assist. We have recently noted that most of our new purchased computers in my organisation have BitLocker enabled automatically when the machine is setup. Users are are not aware that they have BitLocker since BitLocker seems not to have been setup to require...
  9. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  10. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing: I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017. I received a message that I needed to enter some BITLOCK recovery keys. After about a half hour of searching on the web I found the recovery keys for my laptop. I entered the...