Windows 10: My machine slows an freezes

Discus and support My machine slows an freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My machine slows and freezes and I keep getting 'not responding' .It happens in edge, chrome and other software. I run checks regularly but it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chriselcocks, Feb 14, 2019.

1. My machine slows an freezes

My machine slows and freezes and I keep getting 'not responding' .It happens in edge, chrome and other software. I run checks regularly but it works fine then happens again

:)

chriselcocks, Feb 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 slow and freezes

Hi,

Corrupted hard drive, too many backgrounds programs, outdated drivers, hardware conflicts, etc. are some of the reasons why a Windows computer is running slow and freezing. To isolate the issue, we'd like to know if you have made any recent changes on your
    device (e.g. installation of a software or program) before the issue started.

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot. Refer to this thread and follow
    the steps given by SpiritX MS MVP to perform a clean boot.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Slow operation, crashes and freezing since windows 10

Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What does it freezing? Is Internet Explorer freezing or computer is freezing?

• As you said that slow operation, what is running slow? Are you not able to open any files/applications?

• Does your PC hangs?
    I suggest you to check the issue in Safe Mode and see if it’s working slowly.

To enter Safe Mode in Windows 10:

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + restart before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode or
      Safe Mode with Networking (depending on whether you think you’ll need the Internet).
    Once you do get into safe mode, be sure to check all of your drivers for issues. To do that, press
    Windows Key + X and click Device Manager, and from that menu, get Windows to check all of your devices for updates. If driver updates are available, install them.

If the issue still persists, I suggest to restore the power plans to default.

To do so:

• Open Power options
      and go to advanced power settings.

• Select
      restore power plans defaults
      and then restart the computer and check if it helps.
    Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 14, 2019
  4. My machine slows an freezes

System freeze and slowness on Windows 10.

My PC is very slow even after installing 2 programs suggested and the tactil section freeze. I just don't know what to do more.

Original title:Windows

GiseleLachance31, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

My machine slows an freezes

1. My machine slows an freezes - Similar Threads - machine slows freezes

2. my hp is freezing and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp is freezing and slow: my hp is freezing and very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-is-freezing-and-slow/96c15fa0-257a-4f5c-a97b-728527329cf2
  3. my hp is freezing and slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp is freezing and slow: my hp is freezing and very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hp-is-freezing-and-slow/96c15fa0-257a-4f5c-a97b-728527329cf2
  4. Machine driver slow in UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Machine driver slow in UEFI: I have a mouse like this, and it acting really slow. Sometimes the t.exe appears at close down. That's something else, but I don't think that is in use at startup.https://www.logitech.com/nl-be/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006559.htmlWhen the login screen appears the...
  5. Machine driver slow in UEFI

Machine driver slow in UEFI: I have a mouse like this, and it acting really slow. Sometimes the t.exe appears at close down. That's something else, but I don't think that is in use at startup.https://www.logitech.com/nl-be/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006559.htmlWhen the login screen appears the...
  6. Freezing and slow movement on my pc

Freezing and slow movement on my pc: Hi I just want to ask what may be the problem with my computer, my computer is working well before until it runs in to an update and suddenly it started acting slow.Apps are freezing and mouse pointer is not moving at all. Sometimes it's ok but everytime I open an app it's...
  7. Freezing and slow movement on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and slow movement on my pc: Hi I just want to ask what may be the problem with my computer, my computer is working well before until it runs in to an update and suddenly it started acting slow.Apps are freezing and mouse pointer is not moving at all. Sometimes it's ok but everytime I open an app it's...
  8. Freezing and slow movement on my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Machine freeze lost mouse?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine freeze lost mouse?: Lately every 15 minutes or so I lose the mouse. I push the power button to put the computer to sleep and then wake the computer with a key press and the mouse works fine for 15 minutes then I go through the sequence again, and again. It probable takes a minute to go to...
  10. Virtual machine slowness

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual machine slowness: I was fortunate to get a few license keys for 2016 server and I set up a virtual machine for testing purposes. The last 2 times I ran it I ran into major slowness issues. The mouse was lagging and jerking around to different parts of the window, the right click menus where...